Dwyer: Bradley should retire now, not ruin legacy like Roy Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwyer: Bradley should retire now, not ruin legacy like Roy Jones

From 17:00 onwards...

Does he have a point? Floyd aside, having beaten Pacquiao and Marquez (on the cards) can Bradley only go downhill from here?

Bradley can go up, by establishing himself at welterweight. Floyd will be gone soon, maybe Bradley can be the one to establish himself as the best afterwards.

Bradley doesn't have enough of a legacy to where he can retire and be satisfied with it, I don't think.
    Last edited by bojangles1987; 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

i mean he still could possibly face mayweather. he also still has a chance to convincingly beat pac in a rematch

Comment

Nah. Rematch Pacquiao, take another fight at welter and then fight Mayweather in 2015 when his contract expires.

Then retire. If anything, he needs to focus on the biggest $$$ fights from this point forward. Since he's not a PPV draw, it will have to come from the opponents.

Comment

If he wants to keep boxing, and is still putting in work during training, why the **** would he quit?

You think Bradley's some quitting ass sucka? Nah man.

Dwyer's got that average dude mentality.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. did not ruin his legacy and neither will Bradley. There's still good wins out there, especially if he leaves Top Rank; he is only a few wins away from becoming a top draw, and it doesn't really look like he's on the slide as a fighter. No reason for him to call it quits.

Comment

I think Bradley's next and most logical fight that he should take before he even thinks about retiring is Pac. I'm sure he wants to fight Pac again and try to beat him clearly

Not sure why he would retire, he can only go up from here, IMO, he's not on the decline

Comment

What legacy? He's 30 years old and has never been the man to beat in a weight class. He still needs to put in like 3-4 more years of work to be considered a HOF'er. His fights with Pacquiao and Marquez showed he's good enough to fight close fights with ATG's, but can he really beat them?

Comment

The hell?? the man just starting getting meaningful fights

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    What legacy? He's 30 years old and has never been the man to beat in a weight class. He still needs to put in like 3-4 more years of work to be considered a HOF'er. His fights with Pacquiao and Marquez showed he's good enough to fight close fights with ATG's, but can he really beat them?
                    Huh? You thought JMM beat Bradley? I thought Timmy clearly beat Marquez, but I thought Pac beat Bradley. I've only saw both fights once, though

Comment

Working...
                    X