Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday showed Manny may just lose to Mayweather's effective skill and movement?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday showed Manny may just lose to Mayweather's effective skill and movement?

Mosley can't pull the trigger anymore and unfortunately, for all of his greatness fought scared.

It was like the complete opposite of the Mosley that beat DeLaHoya in their first fight at Welterweight. He was fast, sharp, active, willing to trade, etc.

However what stood out to me was how Manny seems to struggle vs boxers who box and move. Mosley moved to his left (Manny's right) the whole night. Had he been a fighter with a jab who wasn't past it, he may have shown up better and beaten Pacman. Guys like Hatton, DLH, Margarito and Clottey don't do that. I really expected Cotto to do better because he has better boxing ability than those guys.

But Manny seemed to be less effective partially because Mosley was in retreat, but also because the guys he's used to looking spectacular against don't really move out of his way. They normally try to fight him, try to overpower him, without imploring a strategy.

I think that is what ultimately would give Floyd the victory. However that's all what ifs since the fight doesn't seem to be happening. That's a damn shame as the sport really needs that fight.

Only so often do you get the Ali/Fraziers, Holyfield/Tyson, Leonard/Hearns, type of demanding fighters in each era. This is one of those that seems to be slipping away with every day of inactivity for Floyd and beatdown by Pacman.

It is all clear that size is no factor for Pacman. At one point, to have DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley in a row on your resume would have been killer. But they've all been mismatches simply because Manny is in another class and/or stage/more prime of his career. Floyd is in the same stage and the same class. That's why this needs to happen NOW!

Floyd doesnt run like that

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
      Mosley can't pull the trigger anymore and unfortunately, for all of his greatness fought scared.

It was like the complete opposite of the Mosley that beat DeLaHoya in their first fight at Welterweight. He was fast, sharp, active, willing to trade, etc.

However what stood out to me was how Manny seems to struggle vs boxers who box and move. Mosley moved to his left (Manny's right) the whole night. Had he been a fighter with a jab who wasn't past it, he may have shown up better and beaten Pacman. Guys like Hatton, DLH, Margarito and Clottey don't do that. I really expected Cotto to do better because he has better boxing ability than those guys.

But Manny seemed to be less effective partially because Mosley was in retreat, but also because the guys he's used to looking spectacular against don't really move out of his way. They normally try to fight him, try to overpower him, without imploring a strategy.

I think that is what ultimately would give Floyd the victory. However that's all what ifs since the fight doesn't seem to be happening. That's a damn shame as the sport really needs that fight.

Only so often do you get the Ali/Fraziers, Holyfield/Tyson, Leonard/Hearns, type of demanding fighters in each era. This is one of those that seems to be slipping away with every day of inactivity for Floyd and beatdown by Pacman.

It is all clear that size is no factor for Pacman. At one point, to have DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley in a row on your resume would have been killer. But they've all been mismatches simply because Manny is in another class and/or stage/more prime of his career. Floyd is in the same stage and the same class. That's why this needs to happen NOW!
      Cotto and Clottey are younger than Mosley and both were in their prime when Pac fought them. Cotto once he tasted Pac power turned into like what Mosley did and Clottey went into his turtleshell. If they did that against Pacquiao, what makes you think Mosley will not do the same? That fact that he just did it, You think it was just a coincidence or for a reason?

Comment

Yes, Pacquiao may lose to Mayweather's effective skill and movement.

But unfortunately we won't find out until they step into the ring.

And a big F.U. to people who'll say "take the test Pac"! I'm sayin' it before they do!

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
          Cotto and Clottey are younger than Mosley and both were in their prime when Pac fought them. Cotto once he tasted Pac power turned into like what Mosley did and Clottey went into his turtleshell. If they did that against Pacquiao, what makes you think Mosley will not do the same? That fact that he just did it, You think it was just a coincidence or for a reason?
          I would say Clottey was in his prime but Cotto already had the **** beat out of him by MAGARITO. Also Cotto has poor defense and has never handled punches well.

Clottey had no plan but to block.

Comment

Good. Maybe now Floyd will come out from under 50 cent's bed and just fight Pac without all the demands of testing and a trillion dollars.

Comment

This is why I hate boxing, great fights like these never seem to happen because of some political bull****.

Comment

It's funny floyd fans say this same exact thing after EVERY pac fight.

Comment

I dont get how someone losing every round, getting knocked down, running away is supposed to justify Floyd Mayweather beating Pacquiao.

Where is the logic in this?

Comment

-Pac dominated all the rounds
                    -Floyd is better than Shane
                    -Floyd will only win a few rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X