No announcement yet.

New thought: Cotto/Floyd before Floyd/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    I'd rather see Mayweather - Pacquiao before Mayweather - Cotto.

I'll say if no one else will.
    I would too, and I think Pac poses the greater threat

I would be happy if Floyd fought Cotto after Marquez though. What'd happen to Pac? I doubt he would fight Marquez directly after a loss...

Mosley? That's a bad style match-up for Pacman. Very dangerous fight, could mess up a lot of plans

Comment

There's still time for Floyd to fight the Cotto, Mosley's of this world but the fight with Pacquiao is potentially one of the biggest fights in the history of this sport.

That's the fight that we ALL want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        I've heard Floyd sort of....not necessarily defend Cotto, but he definitely takes Cotto's side on the whole Arum/Margarito thing.

It's becoming more and more clear that Pacquiao/Cotto is not gonna happen, but Roach still says that they don't wanna wait for Mayweather.

Couple that with the mountain of obstacles going from the weight, the money, to the Arum/Haymon rivalry, I don't think Pac/Floyd happens till 2010, if it does happen.

If Cotto doesn't get the fight with Pac, which looks likely, I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ship to GBP, being that Pac is Arum's last bargaining chip with Cotto.

If Cotto signs with GBP, I could absolutely see a Mayweather/Cotto showdown. Anyone else see this potentially happening?
        I think July 18th is going to answer a lot of questions as both Floyd and Cotto would have had their matches (win or lose) by then. All the rumblings I'm hearing are similar to what happens in the anticipation of most big fights whether its one guy saying he'll fight the next guy and so forth, but in the end there is always one agenda.

I believe Pac vs Floyd is going to happen this year. The only option that makes sense is for Cotto to take a rematch with Mosley (be it he beats Clottey) which will set up the winner of both fights to have a Mega Fight in 2010. By the end of the year we should know the complete deal.

Comment

Working...
        X