Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Floyd take extra punishment from cotto to get him tired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CokeCider View Post
    i mean Floyd was getting beat up in round 8 then cotto was gassed out after that , was that floyds plan, did he takes a couple of extra shots , or did cotto best him in that round?
    Floyd actually won the 8th round if you pay attention to punches landed, especially power punches, and he worked the body well which is why Cotto tired. Also no, he did not purposely take punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
      that was prob floyds best effort. life and death for him, another day in the office for cotto .it was just so tiring fighting someone fleeing for their life.!! i dnt think it was on purpose
      Life and death and all you get is a blood nose LOL , sometimes I really wonder what some of you think you are seeing , lots on this board have no idea what they are looking at , the guy that said Cotto beat him up in round 8 is dreaming and the guy yesty that said Marquez was being schooled by his sparing partner need to watch way more boxing .

Comment

I'm sure he would've been trying to make Cotto throw more punches, but getting hit by them obviously wouldn't be part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Floyd actually won the 8th round if you pay attention to punches landed, especially power punches, and he worked the body well which is why Cotto tired. Also no, he did not purposely take punishment.
          Floyd did not win round 8. I just can't see that.

Comment

No. Cotto just has a really good jab and it gave Floyd problems.

Until Floyd started throwing the hook at Cotto's lead hand; repeatedly. Screwed up Cotto's rhythm, game plan, everything. Once his jab was taken away Floyd began the dismantling.

Floyd didn't take damage on purpose. Only Margarito and Rocky Balboa purposefully take damage.

Comment

Working...
            X