Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Director: Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Cameron?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are all good, but I like Kubrick the best.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I'm hoping Prometheus joins this list.
      Me too man, I'm really hoping it's one of those rare films that live up to the hype. If anyone can pull it off, it's Sir Ridley Scott.

If the acting and characters deliver anything close to what they've done with the TedTalk viral video then I'd be happy with it.

I can't tell you how much I've watched that video alone. That's Acting 101 for you done by Professor Guy Pearce. His mannerism, his delivery, down to his dastardly cut glass Oxbridge english accent.. it was perfect.

"My name is Peter Weyland, and if you'll indulge me, I'd like to change the world."

Comment

One day I hope to be as good as them all.

And Warrior Soul, I love that vid, Guy Pearce and Michael Fassbender will be showing us some first rate acting

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
          One day I hope to be as good as them all.

And Warrior Soul, I love that vid, Guy Pearce and Michael Fassbender will be showing us some first rate acting
          I know man! All the viral videos they've released so far are great, they've got that Blade Runner feel to them. Michael Fassbender even admitted that he did not watch any of the other Aliens film other than Alien (the first one), rightfully so. He also viewed Lawrence of Arabia and Blade Runner for research material. That's great to hear. Let's not forget about Noomi Rapace, she's going to be great in it as well.

Also if you're a fan of Blade Runner -- not too many people picked up into it, but Ridley did suggest that he is at the early stages of formulating a story that will occur in the same world as Blade Runner. He said this on one of the newer Prometheus cast interviews done in France. Someone asked him about the possibility of a Blade Runner sequel, he didn't say it would be a sequel but that it would possibly happen in the same world as Blade Runner. I'll look for the vid and I'll find the right part because the video is long.

Comment

I like the grittiness in Nolan's movies. So, he get my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
              I know man! All the viral videos they've released so far are great, they've got that Blade Runner feel to them. Michael Fassbender even admitted that he did not watch any of the other Aliens film other than Alien (the first one), rightfully so. He also viewed Lawrence of Arabia and Blade Runner for research material. That's great to hear. Let's not forget about Noomi Rapace, she's going to be great in it as well.

Also if you're a fan of Blade Runner -- not too many people picked up into it, but Ridley did suggest that he is at the early stages of formulating a story that will occur in the same world as Blade Runner. He said this on one of the newer Prometheus cast interviews done in France. Someone asked him about the possibility of a Blade Runner sequel, he didn't say it would be a sequel but that it would possibly happen in the same world as Blade Runner. I'll look for the vid and I'll find the right part because the video is long.
              My brother is a die-hard Ridley Scott fan and I think he mentioned that rumour to me. Sounds very, very exciting

Comment

Jean Pierre Jeunet gets a shout out from me also!!! Great great director!

Comment

And I must admit I'm a sucker for Guy Ritchie's visual style.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                    I like the grittiness in Nolan's movies. So, he get my vote.
                    I agree. He did an awesome job with The Dark Knight series. With this being the last in the series, does anyone else think Bane KILLS Batman via back breaker?
                    I think he does a great job closing out a movie; Memento, Prestige, Inception all had exceptional endings in my opinion.

Nolan is my current favorite, but Tarantino and Ritchie have that in your face style that's hard to turn away from.

Scorcese is always dependable for epic movies too.

Comment

Lol at Nolan even being in there

Comment

Working...
                      X