Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me that has picked up a noticeable skill difference in Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    You say 'learn the game of boxing' and then you write some dumb **** like that.
    LEARN about the game of boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
      Floyd is fighting Cotto a Pac left over, hope it back fires.

Styles make fights and Floyd has been very careful on who he choses to fight and when.
      Floyd aint been careful get out of here...tmbout styles make fights, NO ONE CAN BEAT HIM...HE MAKES ADJUSTMENTS TO EVERY STYLE...HE DOESNT HAVE TO PICK OPPONENTS CAREFULLY, CUZ HE WILL JUST MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND HUMILIATE THEM...See he is a counterpuncher..that means anyone who throws punches at him, will have to pay....he is a defensive fighter...that means anyone who throws punches, will NOT LAND...EVERY FIGHTER HAS to throw punches in order to win right?...But ANYONE who throws punches at Floyd, will just play into his hands, and into his style...LEARN about this boxing game!

Comment

lol at getting better after every fight.................GTFOH

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
          I gotta disagree with you, there isn't a fighter as good as Mayweather. I agree that this generation of boxers aren't half of what the 90s or even 2000s had to offer (more so 90s) but still, its hard to believe that people think there are several on an elite level. When really its one or two, with a few on the come up.

You're right about Mayweather's match ups, Though I don't get whats the big hype with him fighting Martinez, you guys act like Martinez is a messiah. Martinez fights with his hands down for crying out loud. You think Mayweather wouldn't eat him up? If he doesn't exploit it initially for what it is, he'll create a weakness. I don't think Martinez would hold up as well as some on this board claim.

Btw, Zab and Floyd grew up together or their families were pretty close. You ever try to fight your brother or ever hear of two family members fighting each other in boxing? I don't know their relationship but I think Mayweather threw Judah a bone. Even taking it a bit easy on him that fight.

BTW, this whole post isn't totally directed at you, you just touched some topics that I wanted to talk about.
          not sure what your disagreeing with because I was basically saying that Mayweather is by far the best Boxer Today...I don't think the Sergio Martinez fight would even be close and I like Sergio also, but his style is only effective when he is THE FASTER GUY IN THE RING, you take that speed advantage away I think your going to see ALL OF HIS FLAWS!

I was just pointing out why I think Mayweather looks like he is getting better, I think that it has a lot to do with the Competition! And it don't have anything to do with "CHERRY PICKING" and "Picking & Choosing Opponents because most of the fighters fans want to see him fight...THEY Don't Have A CHANCE AGAINST MAYWEATHER EITHER! For Example "He Should Have Fought Margarito" "He Was Scared Of Margartio" I just laugh when I still see people post that, because we all know that probably would have been like Mayweather vs Gatti

Lets be honest, 95% of the top fighters today are extremely OVER HYPED and OVERRATED and they are in the position they are in ONLY because of Good Promotion...not because of their Skills in the Ring

Today's current boxing fans are not hard to please, you score an impressive KO and they are ready to compare that fighter to Ali and Robinson and they are ready to crown him #1 P4P...then you will have the Media People catering to these Stupid Fans and they start "SELLING THE HYPE" to get hits on their sites

my point was that fans don't want to see Mayweather against another Skilled Fighter, all they want to see him against is fighters with KO Power and Mayweather can beat those type of fighters EASILY....EVERY TIME!
          Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 04-21-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            not sure what your disagreeing with because I was basically saying that Mayweather is by far the best Boxer Today...I don't think the Sergio Martinez fight would even be close and I like Sergio also, but his style is only effective when he is THE FASTER GUY IN THE RING, you that that speed advantage away I think your going to see ALL OF HIS FLAWS!

I was just pointing out why I think Mayweather looks like he is getting better, I think that it has a lot to do with the Competition! And it don't have anything to do with "CHERRY PICKING" and "Picking & Choosing Opponents because most of the fighters fans want to see him fight...THEY Don't Have A CHANCE AGAINST MAYWEATHER EITHER! For Example "He Should Have Fought Margarito" "He Was Scared Of Margartio" I just laugh when I still see people post that, because we all know that probably would have been like Mayweather vs Gatti

Lets be honest, 95% of the top fighters today are extremely OVER HYPED and OVERRATED and they are in the position they are in ONLY because of Good Promotion...not because of their Skills in the Ring

Today's current boxing fans are not hard to please, you score an impressive KO and they are ready to compare that fighter to Ali and Robinson and they are ready to crown him #1 P4P...then you will have the Media People catering to these Stupid Fans and they start "SELLING THE HYPE" to get hits on their sites

my point was that fans don't want to see Mayweather against another Skilled Fighter, all they want to see him against is fighters with KO Power and Mayweather can beat those type of fighters EASILY....EVERY TIME!
            My man! Again, I didn't want to seem as I was attacking or challenging. Though, I see the error of my ways and I have misread/misunderstood your post.

Theres almost no analysis whatsoever in judging how good a fighter is. It's "oh look at how he hit him so hard!" The fighters aren't in a game of science anymore, its just all about hitting. Mayweather is socrates amongst these commoners. If he fought Margarito, it would have been another Corrales (because they said Corrales had a punchers chance. He made Corrales look dumbfounded the whole fight, Margarito always looks like he doesn't have a clue when hes in the ring.)

Theres one elite fighter, thats Mayweather. Guys on the come up who can take his place are guys like: Saul Alvarez and David Rodriguez. I really don't see how Martinez is all of a sudden a contender against this guy? Paul Williams beat himself that fight. Martinez has been fighting lesser known competition, this guy is magically p4p one of the top contenders? It baffles me! I really think hes killing time and trying to stay relevant so he can fight either Pacquiao or mayweather. I'm hoping Williams can get it together, evolve and beat Martinez. Williams had a sick style but his confidence is shot and hes been exposed. If he gets it together, I think he might be someone who can challenge Mayweather sometime.

People should be jumping in joy that he's fighting Cotto. I love Cotto, he comes to fight, hes somewhat done the unexpected but hes really the quiet unsung hero of boxing most of the time.

That whole promotion thing makes me scared for fighters and being a fighter, There could be some serious class at the top right now, so far its looking good but its not like the 80s where skill was a solid requirement.

Anyway, to sum up my thoughts, I agree with what you're saying. Who would you rather see Mayweather fight? Who do you think gives him a REAL challenge? (You mentioned the "boring" guys give him a better challenge but get over looked)

PS. **** Broner, never seen someone bite a style so hard before.
            Last edited by RightStraight; 04-21-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
              It's like with every fight he gets better and better. Like a good wine growing more mature with age. Yes, his physical qualities are diminishing. But skill set is on the rise it appears! Seen him pull out stuff, that I've never saw him do before (this is after watching the Henry sparring and Ortiz fight again).

Here's an example. Seldom, do we see him use his shoulder roll stance versus' a southpaw, and honestly don't think he has used it as a counter weapon against them. Yet he pulls it out with ease against Ortiz, like it's nothing. (Amazing!)

Actually, come to think of it. I remember Roger saying that he's never seen him this sharp on Mayweather vs Cotto 24 7 first look.

Roger makes this claim from 0:35

just throwing it out there, your little gif of floyds "master skills" is kinda deceptive. That was Ortiz' stupid fault for throwing a half @ssed jab that he didn't even aim at floyds face. he clearly throws it at the tip of the shoulder which is dumb, and floyd hardly needs to roll because the jab doesnt even come near his face. And in doing that, Ortiz totally telegraphed the straight left which is why floyd countered. Wasnt like ortiz threw an accurate hard punch and got deflected or some ***** like that. And the whole fight is full of examples of this. Ortiz wasnt ready. This was careful picking by floyd. that is all

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                It's like with every fight he gets better and better. Like a good wine growing more mature with age. Yes, his physical qualities are diminishing. But skill set is on the rise it appears! Seen him pull out stuff, that I've never saw him do before (this is after watching the Henry sparring and Ortiz fight again).

Here's an example. Seldom, do we see him use his shoulder roll stance versus' a southpaw, and honestly don't think he has used it as a counter weapon against them. Yet he pulls it out with ease against Ortiz, like it's nothing. (Amazing!)

Actually, come to think of it. I remember Roger saying that he's never seen him this sharp on Mayweather vs Cotto 24 7 first look.

Roger makes this claim from 0:35

ki

like a fine wine huh? so do you put floyds balls on ice before you start slurping them up?

FYFI Floyd is not the only fighter to do amazing things athletically hes just the first 1 you're putting under a microscope.

never mind other generations Mosley would have KHTFO if they were the same age. hes a glorified cherry Picker sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  ki

like a fine wine huh? so do you put floyds balls on ice before you start slurping them up?

FYFI Floyd is not the only fighter to do amazing things athletically hes just the first 1 you're putting under a microscope.

never mind other generations Mosley would have KHTFO if they were the same age. hes a glorified cherry Picker sorry.
                  Hold on, THE SAME AGE? You're kidding me.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, De La Hoya.
                    You're counting Marquez as a leftover despite him fighting Marquez twice before Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                      Floyd aint been careful get out of here...tmbout styles make fights, NO ONE CAN BEAT HIM...HE MAKES ADJUSTMENTS TO EVERY STYLE...HE DOESNT HAVE TO PICK OPPONENTS CAREFULLY, CUZ HE WILL JUST MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND HUMILIATE THEM...See he is a counterpuncher..that means anyone who throws punches at him, will have to pay....he is a defensive fighter...that means anyone who throws punches, will NOT LAND...EVERY FIGHTER HAS to throw punches in order to win right?...But ANYONE who throws punches at Floyd, will just play into his hands, and into his style...LEARN about this boxing game!
                      why does everyone call him a coward and a ducker then. you think they just hate him and have nothing better to do? you think its a conspiracy? No they say it because its true and that's what they think. It's true to a lot of people. Calling them haters lets you groupies sleep at night!

Comment

Working...
                      X