No announcement yet.

Clottey's response on Facebook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    prolly doesnt wanna take 2 hits in a row. im just kind of surprised that there would be so much money involved with Williams. Homeboy does not draw.
    No. Please understand me: if he has a managerial contract, any moneys/purses he earns are subject to the manager's cut.

So, if he went and fought Isaac Hlatschwayo in Sun City for $150K, he would still be subject to the 30% managerial fee.

Unless Josh is misunderstanding the manager's/promoter's fees.

Say that his managerial contract is 30% (kinda high, but still legal/valid). He probably signed it for four years (that is the max term). What is he gonna do? Turn down every fight because the fees are too high?

If I was his manager, I would/could sue him for turning down good faith offers. I wouldn't, but I could.

Comment

5 WEEKS AL!

It is not a good faith offer. Got blow your pretentious ass somewhere else.

Comment

facebook????4real???lmfao

Comment

What a terrible excuse. The managers etc. cut is the same regardless of who he fights. If he isn't satisfied he should renegotiate the contract SMH.

Comment

To be honest, Cotto Clottey was a fight which styles could have went either way, but it was in new York, so there was no chance for Clottey. However with Paul he would have no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
              5 WEEKS AL!

It is not a good faith offer. Got blow your pretentious ass somewhere else.
              Wasn't Clottey already training for Quintana. Or does Clottey just sit-around on his ass on FaceBook waiting for his next opponent instead of always training?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                What a terrible excuse. The managers etc. cut is the same regardless of who he fights. If he isn't satisfied he should renegotiate the contract SMH.
                it's clear dude just doesn't want the fight....i'd respect him ore if just admitted it....

the pushing the fight bacl excuse is also b.s. b/c HBO won't do a show that close to christmas, clottey knows that.....he had a fight scheduled with shane for dec. 5, then when PW-Pavlik took the date, HBO pushed shane back all the way to january, and the clottey fight was cancelled....

jc just doesn't want the fight. period.

Comment

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
                  A pro fighter should frequent the gym on layoffs,just in case something like this happens!!I like Clottey,he's a good fighter,but unless he starts to throw at least 200 more punches a fight,he will never beat the Cotto's or Mosley's at 147!!A fight date is exactly that,that's what hbo gave to the Punisher,on my life,if I was him,I'd be walking in on the 5th for that paper & opportunity!!He could get that fight at 154 so he doesn't have to over do it to make 147,he ain't got nothing to lose!!
                  That **** is ridiculous. I scored the fight for Cotto, but if Clottey threw 100 more punches he would have gotten a clear win. 200 would have gotten him a stoppage landing at the rate he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                    No. Please understand me: if he has a managerial contract, any moneys/purses he earns are subject to the manager's cut.

So, if he went and fought Isaac Hlatschwayo in Sun City for $150K, he would still be subject to the 30% managerial fee.

Unless Josh is misunderstanding the manager's/promoter's fees.

Say that his managerial contract is 30% (kinda high, but still legal/valid). He probably signed it for four years (that is the max term). What is he gonna do? Turn down every fight because the fees are too high?

If I was his manager, I would/could sue him for turning down good faith offers. I wouldn't, but I could.
                    Understood. And you know you'd sue him

Comment

If Clottey could have thrown 5-10 more of his accurate punches per round then he would have won.

Comment

Working...
                      X