No announcement yet.

Boxing diet/nutrition question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing diet/nutrition question

So I'm a boxer and I'm trying to eat healthy, but I have one thing that kills me. Potatoes. I love potatoes, I make homemade rosemary roasted potatoes and I make them into cubes. I use healthy olive oil and I think I make them pretty healthy, but people tell me I should never eat potatoes and that they're fattening. Is this true? I usually eat them after a workout with 2-3 chicken breasts and an apple. I'm just wondering if these are good or bad for you, thanks.

It's a lot to comment on (if potatoes are good/bad for you), but do you like sweet potatoes/yams?

Comment

Originally posted by unvme0813 View Post
      So I'm a boxer and I'm trying to eat healthy, but I have one thing that kills me. Potatoes. I love potatoes, I make homemade rosemary roasted potatoes and I make them into cubes. I use healthy olive oil and I think I make them pretty healthy, but people tell me I should never eat potatoes and that they're fattening. Is this true? I usually eat them after a workout with 2-3 chicken breasts and an apple. I'm just wondering if these are good or bad for you, thanks.
      You're doing good as long as you're consistently training. Loading with carbs will be no trouble as long as you are working them off. It will actually help you to grow when training because you should have more energy to workout. But if you are the common person who sits on his azz day after day, year after year, they will make you gain weight............... Rockin'

Comment

Working...
      X