No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Continues To Fight For Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Continues To Fight For Respect

By Jake Donovan - Even on the heels of a leading Fight of the Year candidate, it’s a stretch to say that the boxing world has shown as much respect to Tim Bradley as he has shown to the sport of boxing. The always-sculpted and undefeated two-division champ has fought at the sport’s highest level of competition for at least the past four years yet is still treated by the industry at large as if he has something to prove.

That won’t stop him from loving what he does. Nor will it stop him from giving respect to others where respect is due, even when those “others” are standing in the opposite corner on fight night. Chief among those Bradley holds in the highest regard is his very next opponent, Juan Manuel Marquez, whom he faces this weekend at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

“I have always been a fan of Márquez,” Bradley (30-0, 12KO) unapologetically admits of his legendary opponent. “I always thought he was a great fighter and I still think he’s a great fighter. I want to fight the best to be the best in this sport. I don’t do this just to make money, of course the money is important for my family, but I do this to be the best. That’s what motivates me and drives me.” [Click Here To Read More]

I had Bradley vs Pacquiao no worse than a draw and think bradley won fair and square I am looking forward to him also beating JMM but more decisively

Comment

Hey, I agree that the scoring against Pac was a travesty.

BUT, can anyone blame a guy for believing he did enough to win? Can anyone seriously expect a top level fighter to not believe in himself? It's not his fault that the judges were paid off. He did fight a decent fight and he's being accused of things that are not his fault.

So just look at his career outside of this one fight, and give the guy credit for the things he DID accomplish.

Comment

In life everyone deserves to be treated with respect as long as you conduct yourself like a decent human being - however in Boxing you gotta EARN it!
        Let's be real here. He didn't beat Pac and he came very close to getting KO'd by Ruslan.
        Not being a hater - just a realist.
        Last edited by LAPete; 10-09-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pedrito View Post
          Hey, I agree that the scoring against Pac was a travesty.

BUT, can anyone blame a guy for believing he did enough to win? Can anyone seriously expect a top level fighter to not believe in himself? It's not his fault that the judges were paid off. He did fight a decent fight and he's being accused of things that are not his fault.

So just look at his career outside of this one fight, and give the guy credit for the things he DID accomplish.
          Good point. Pacquiao should have won that fight. With the exception of a few voices out in the wilderness, there is little disputing that fact. But Bradley comes to fight, he's always in shape, he's as tough and resilient as anyone in the sport, and I think, he's good for boxing. Of course a guy like that believes he won. He kind of has to. That's fine. I respect the hell out of Bradley, so I like the spirit of Donovan's article. That said, I have a hard time feeling bad for him considering that he got a gift decision in the biggest fight of his career.

Comment

Maybe its because hes too full of himself and arrogant outside of the ring when hes only had a very dodgy SD win on pacman.

Comment

beat Marquez and rematch PAC...get your respect,Timmy

Comment

I really don't like either fighter, but I believe Bradley will win. Bradley won't quit.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  beat Marquez and rematch PAC...get your respect,Timmy
                  Don't forget Ruslan...he was fighting Bradley and the ref that night. i want to see a rematch with him.

Comment

Make the money, and then you can respect yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X