Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Mayweather: Mayweather-Pacquiao in Dubai, Guerrero wants $4 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerrero is a nobody. Like a few other posters have stated, he can't make 2.5 million dollars against anyone else, but Floyd. $2.5 million dollars is a generous offer considering that Guerrero hasn't done much and is unknown to casual fans. His performance against Berto was decent at best. He was inconsistent and didn't looked like an elite boxer. Now, having said all that, Floyd needs to be put back in jail if he takes the Alexander fight. I'd rank that fight on the same level as Mayweather-Mitchell.

Comment

• 2.5 is a pretty good deal considering that Ortiz only got 2 for defeating an undefeated Berto. Not saying Ortiz is better than Guerrero. But these fighters got to start somewhere. If Guerrero wants to make more money, take the 2.5 million, defeat Mayweather, then he can start calling the shots. It's about earning the spot. Guerrero should just take what he can get for now. Which is more than he's ever made.

Comment

• Guerrero is a better style for Mayweather, Guerrero will bring the fight to Mayweather. It will be more exciting than a fight with Alexander, $4 mil is too much. Guerrero doesn't have the fan base.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          i know jeff is his uncle and all, but would he seriously know what's going on with floyd? i honestly don't think he does. i wouldn't take anyone's word on what's happening with floyd and his career unless it's coming from floyd himself, or ellerbe. that said, mayweather/pacquiao isn't happening. if it is, for some stupid reason, it'll be in the US. i also doubt guerrero is asking for that much. that's just ridiculous.

I am the one who did the interview quoted in the story. and i have personally seen the texts from manny's people to jeff. that said, jeff has freely admitted, even in this interview, he has no idea what floyd is going to do. he doesnt pretend to know.

however, jeff does handle a lot of communication between floyd and people trying to do business with him. so while floyd makes his own decisions, jeff gets him a lot of info.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I think Pacquiao's people are trying to call Marquez' bluff and vice versa. I don't believe that Dubai **** either because the time difference won't allow PPV.

And the Guerrero issue I called out the other day and people called me crazy. Floyd makes you an offer and you either take it or you don't. You don't get to negotiate with him. He will offer you a career high payday and you have the option to either take it or leave it.

I agree!!

These dudes get a career high floyd has already calculated the best price asking for more is just greed.

Comment

• dubai? mayweather only fights at the MGM these days usually.

Comment

• Just give him the goddman money, Floyd.

Comment

• Make the fight happen in disneyland

Comment

Working...
                  X