Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Matthew Saad Muhammad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to call Gatti the white Saad Muhammad....RIP CHAMP!!!

Comment

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Comment

The amount of wars he had was ridiculous.

Comment

Damn. RIP Champ.

Comment

Very sad day. One of my all-time favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              stevemaxboxing
              @stevemaxboxing
              «@RickGlaser1 HOF'er Matthew Saad Muhammad has died, 175 pound champ from around '78-'81. Was a true warrior, the #Gatti of his day! R.I.P. Champ. #boxing»
              Wow... Just wow!

Comment

Damn! RIP champion.

Comment

Daaaaaamn. This news ****s my whole day up.

A lot of guys in this sport claim to be tough guys or, even more famously, claim to be "willing to die" in the ring in order to get a victory - Matthew Saad Muhammad has the honor of being one of very few who actually meant it.

RIP to a legendary warrior. Thanks for the exciting memories.

My condolences to any family or friends of Muhammad who may be reading this.

Comment

Sad news. RIP.

Comment

that man was in some hellish wars. he had truly amazing punching power. you rarely see a big man get leverage like that.

it always looked like he had a harder punch in the holster. he is one of the most exciting fighters you're ever going to see, and his fights are well worth a look. he was part of the best ever era at LHW.

for those who don't know the story, saad muhammad was led to the "franklin parkway," to be abandoned by his brother. his aunt was too poor to take care of him. the nuns who took him in named him "matt franklin."

later in life, he converted to islam and changed his name.

check out his fights with yaqui lopez, marvin johnson, eddie mustafa muhammad [eddie gregory.]

i haven't seen all of his fights, but every fight i've seen has been freaking exciting.

RIP, champion.
                      Last edited by New England; 05-25-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X