No announcement yet.

Juan Francisco Estrada Flyweight CHAMP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Francisco Estrada Flyweight CHAMP

He demolished Brian Viloria and Milan Melindo. Is he P4P one of the best? He absolutely battered both. He is extremely skilled and well conditioned. What is your take on him?

He's a lot better than I though... but he's not touching that P4P list until he gets revenge

Comment

Estrada is definitely legit. He can fight on the inside and outside. He has a good jab, good combination puncher and commits to a body attack. Viloria and Melindo presented two very different problems and he was able to handle both impressively. I would definitely have him in my top 20 perhaps even top 15.

There are also so many good future matchups for Estrada (Segura, Gonzalez rematch, Marquez and Yaegashi). I would like to see all of those especially the Gonzalez rematch. He fights on 4/26 according to boxrec!
      Last edited by Public_Enemy; 04-14-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Flyweight is so damn stacked... and the best part is...they fight each other

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          He's a lot better than I though... but he's not touching that P4P list until he gets revenge
          why not? roman gonzalez is also one of the best fighters in boxing and the fight was super close. you can have 2 guys that fought each other on the list. ward-froch, pac-marquez-bradley. why is canelo in the top 10 and not francisco-estrada? beating viloria and having a close loss to gonzalez is a lot better than barely beating trout and looking impotent against floyd. then again golden boy!

Comment

Estrada is on my list of about 15-20 fighters who are knocking on the door of the top 10 p4p. He is a very well rounded fighter and one of the few unified champs. It is a shame that threads about the current great crop of flyweights, Estrada, Ioka, Yaegashi, Gonzalez etc get only a handful of replies but there are a million and one stupid threads about Pacquiao and Mayweather every single day and they go on for days.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
              Estrada is on my list of about 15-20 fighters who are knocking on the door of the top 10 p4p. He is a very well rounded fighter and one of the few unified champs. It is a shame that threads about the current great crop of flyweights, Estrada, Ioka, Yaegashi, Gonzalez etc get only a handful of replies but there are a million and one stupid threads about Pacquiao and Mayweather every single day and they go on for days.
              All of this. Same bull**** different day.

Comment

If Gonzalez beats Yaegashi, he should fight the winner of Ioka-Ruenroeng, then fight Estrada for the Undisputed Flyweight Championship. Surely, the winner of that fight would have to be in the top 5 P4P.

Gonzalez would have one of the best resumes in the sport, with wins over Yaegashi, Ioka, Hirales, and Estrada twice. On top of that, being the Undisputed Flyweight Champion, winning world titles in three weight divisions, and being the second man to unify all four major belts, all at the age of 27-28. That would bring him to ATG status.
                Last edited by VG_Addict; 04-14-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  If Gonzalez beats Yaegashi, he should fight the winner of Ioka-Ruenroeng, then fight Estrada for the Undisputed Flyweight Championship. Surely, the winner of that fight would have to be in the top 5 P4P.

Gonzalez would have one of the best resumes in the sport, with wins over Yaegashi, Ioka, Hirales, and Estrada twice. On top of that, being the Undisputed Flyweight Champion, winning world titles in three weight divisions, and being the second man to unify all four major belts, all at the age of 27-28. That would bring him to ATG status.
                  Would be a dream scenario for me. I hope he at least gets the chance to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post

Ioka hinted he mostt likely going to vacate after winning and Bob will move Shiming into position

Comment

Working...
                    X