Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How my opinion/mind changed on the topic "hom*sexuals" over the years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How my opinion/mind changed on the topic "hom*sexuals" over the years.

I am in my 30s now and I remember when I was a teenager or in my 20s, I never cared about gays and I never felt "strange" about them. I just accepted that other people are different and there is nothing wrong with that.
    I am a male who likes women and I know that there are males who like other males. And I do realise that my thoughts on the "gay" topic changed in the last 5 years or so.
    I cannot explain why but that is just how it is. I even had one experience lately where a gay (or maybe bisexual - I am not sure) man kind of "hit" on me and I am 100 % sure that he knew I wasn't gay. And you know what? Even after I friendly made him understand that I am 100 % not interested and 100 % not gay, he wouldn't stop "approaching" me.
    And any hetero man who ever experienced something like that knows that this is a thing where you develop a lot of hate and disgust as well. I mean the dude knows I am not gay and he doesn't respect it. Maybe this certain guy is kinda sick in his head in a way where he thinks that I am gay but "I don't know it yet" or whatever is going on in his sick mind. I am in my 30s, I had relationships with women and nobody ever EVER EVER EVER EVER thought for a split of a second that I might be gay.
    And this guy doesn't respect that I am hetero. Anybody of you guys ever experienced that?

And I am being honest, this is not a lie or anything, it is the truth. This really happened to me and it made me very angry.
    And back to the subject:Over the last 5 years my mindset changed about gays and I cannot explain why. Anybody else here went through something similar? I mean that you never had a problem accepting the fact that some people are gay but later in your life you do not feel about this the same anymore. Maybe it is because I got the feeling there are so many gays now that you are asking yourself: WHAT is going on here?

I have only been told on the street I smell nice and what was I wearing in terms of aftershave. I walked passed him and must have been 5 metres later he said it. At the time I didn't think much of it but I told my friends and he said I was hit on.

This was scary for me, I stopped wearing that aftershave and avoided that road.

Comment

You should have laid him out mate.

Comment

i used to be sort of casually ****phobic before i actually knew any ****sexuals, but i have met quite a few of them in the past year (my girlfriend is an actress so most of her acquaintances are gay lol) and it's made me realise what i should have known already - that they're just people, no different from the rest of us. some of these guys are real flamers too, and they're fine. you shouldn't use bad experiences with individual gays as a reason to bear a grudge against everyone of that sexuality. i've also had a gay men hit on me quite obnoxiously but i just chalk it up as one of those things. women must be hit on by obnoxious straight men all the time and i hope they don't attribute the bad behaviour of individual men to the whole sex.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone complains about this. You do realize that women complain that men hit on them and don't fück off, right? But they have more of a right to be intimidated. Who gives a shķt if someone hits on you. Tell them to fück off if they don't get the picture. Men are often bad at dealing with rejection - straight or gay. Shouldn't have any bearing on your opinion of the entire population of ****sexuals. I know plenty of them here in SoCal, and have been hit on once or twice and couldn't care less.
          Last edited by samouraļ; 03-01-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

If a gay man is hitting on you that means he's presuming that you're gay. That's reason enough to knock them unconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBaureit99 View Post
              I am in my 30s now and I remember when I was a teenager or in my 20s, I never cared about gays and I never felt "strange" about them. I just accepted that other people are different and there is nothing wrong with that.
              I am a male who likes women and I know that there are males who like other males. And I do realise that my thoughts on the "gay" topic changed in the last 5 years or so.
              I cannot explain why but that is just how it is. I even had one experience lately where a gay (or maybe bisexual - I am not sure) man kind of "hit" on me and I am 100 % sure that he knew I wasn't gay. And you know what? Even after I friendly made him understand that I am 100 % not interested and 100 % not gay, he wouldn't stop "approaching" me.
              And any hetero man who ever experienced something like that knows that this is a thing where you develop a lot of hate and disgust as well. I mean the dude knows I am not gay and he doesn't respect it. Maybe this certain guy is kinda sick in his head in a way where he thinks that I am gay but "I don't know it yet" or whatever is going on in his sick mind. I am in my 30s, I had relationships with women and nobody ever EVER EVER EVER EVER thought for a split of a second that I might be gay.
              And this guy doesn't respect that I am hetero. Anybody of you guys ever experienced that?

And I am being honest, this is not a lie or anything, it is the truth. This really happened to me and it made me very angry.
              And back to the subject:Over the last 5 years my mindset changed about gays and I cannot explain why. Anybody else here went through something similar? I mean that you never had a problem accepting the fact that some people are gay but later in your life you do not feel about this the same anymore. Maybe it is because I got the feeling there are so many gays now that you are asking yourself: WHAT is going on here?

[IMG]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/24831089.jpg[/IMG]

Anorak, we have a contestant for you!!!!

Can you explain the "wouldnt stop approaching me" part?

If its just harmless flirtation you should take it as a compliment. I doubt he was being sexually aggressive with you once he knew you werent gay.

Comment

I had a gay really try and hit on me when I made it very clear I was not into Brown Hatting. He would not stop trying and dropped the "How do you know you won't like it if you have never tried it line". I told him I had never eaten a turd before but I know it does not taste good. That shut him up and he got the point.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  If a gay man is hitting on you that means he's presuming that you're gay. That's reason enough to knock them unconscious.
                  You're a simpleton.

Comment

Originally posted by Le samouraļ View Post
                    You're a simpleton.
                    You're probably a closet ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X