Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posters still calling Floyd a cherry picker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not that Floyd has fought BAD opponents (well maybe Baldomir) and he has a very solid resume...but its not elite. Call it a function of his era or whatever. For whatever reason--his fault or others or both--he didn't fight some tough challengers/big names during their primes.

While is unjust to call him a career cherrypicker, its equally unjust to pretend he fought all comers and met all challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      You're trying to hard. Too hard. You're being pretentious at that.
      I just call it as i see it,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        I just call it as i see it,,,
        I know. I hope you enjoy your new group of friends, lmao.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather has fought some very solid opposition over the course of his career and is without question one of the all time greats.

I think the beef with Floyd and people calling him a cherrypicker stems from 3 things.
          1. Floyd Mayweather vs Arturo Gatti as opposed to Kostya Tzyu or Ricky Hatton at 140.

2. Floyd Mayweather went into "retirement" right when the Welterweight division was red hot and there were several fights people were itching to see.

3. Obviously the Pacquiao fight never materialised.

Now it would be far fetched to say that all these things are Floyds fault and/or were bad decisions. But it is also safe to say that if Floyd had atleast fought some of these fights (at that time) then his resume looks a LOT better and doesn't get as much critisism.

Comment

Working...
          X