Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has bob arum and manny pacquiao about LYING about their last two PPV numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has bob arum and manny pacquiao about LYING about their last two PPV numbers?

Originally posted by davebenoit View Post
    I heard in local TV news that Pacquiao is acceptable to get lower share of the purse just to make the fight with Floyd happen. It is reported that Floyd wanted 100M before he will agree to fight Pacquiao which the promoters say is not acceptable.

The ball is now in Floyd's hands.
    Originally posted by davebenoit View Post
    Oh, here's the link:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12...m-mega-fight-0

Pacquiao: Mayweather demands $100M for mega-fight

abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 12/16/2011 11:06 PM | Updated as of 12/16/2011 11:08 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao claimed that his unbeaten and controversial rival Floyd Mayweather Jr. is asking a hefty sum for their anticipated blockbuster bout.

“Narinig ko sa $100 million ‘yung hiningi… Basta 'yun ang hinihingi n'ya kaya ‘di matuloy-tuloy [ang laban],” the fighting congressman of Sarangani province told ABS-CBN’s Jay Dayupay.

(I heard he’s asking $100 million. That’s what he’s asking for which is why the fight is not yet done).

Pacquiao, who is turning 33 on Saturday, said he is leaving it to his promoter to negotiate with Mayweather’s camp.

Top Rank Promotions, which handles Pacquiao’s fights, said that $100 million for just one fighter is impossible.

Pacquiao also mentioned that there were offers made by some promoters guaranteeing each fighter $50 million.

The Filipino champion said he has no qualms about getting the lower share
    , as long as the fight gets done.

“Actually, wala akong problema kahit na maliit lang amg prem’yo ko. Walang problema, basta matuloy lang ang fight (It’s no problem for me to get the smaller prize as long as the fight gets done)” said Pacquiao.

Meanwhile, Pacquiao is praying for her mother’s complete recovery.

Mommy Dionisia has been out of the limelight to get some rest after experiencing a nervous breakdown.

“Sana bigyan kami ng malakas na katawan araw araw ng pamilya ko at lahat ng aking mahal sa buhay (I pray we remain healthy, me and my family and relatives),” said Pacquiao.
    If they did as well as they claimed, they would be demanding AT LEAST half the purse. manny is a greedy guy, and there's no way he wouldn't try to get what he's worth or get more if he could justify it. Anyone remember how he almost called off the Hatton fight just to get an additional 1 or 2% on his purse?
    Yes, they didn't do as well as they claimed
    66.67%
    No, I believe they did what they said
    33.33%
    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 12-16-2011, 11:38 AM.

bumppppppppppppppp

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X