No announcement yet.

Curtis Stevens "Adonis Stevenson is a b*tch!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Of course isn't about race... Its' never about race in boxing...
    That's why they are able to do the Olympics...
    Thanks for the positive the other day.

If you read the STevenson def Force thread it seems very clear race is a major issue. From my reading some posters are genuinely pissed the fight isn't happening. Other posters seem mad that al haymon got stevenson a ton of money. You actually called the thread maker out for the "black list" which suggested you saw something else that wasn't boxing related.

Comment

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
      Thanks for the positive the other day.

If you read the STevenson def Force thread it seems very clear race is a major issue. From my reading some posters are genuinely pissed the fight isn't happening. Other posters seem mad that al haymon got stevenson a ton of money. You actually called the thread maker out for the "black list" which suggested you saw something else that wasn't boxing related.
      I use to read everything on this issue...
      ... The "race" approach comes up on forums like this one...
      ... Actual boxing fights are not about race -- they are about styles, etc... Posters make them "about race"...
      And, unfortunately a particular part of the posters...

(As about me, my favorite fighters are: GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX, LEO SANTA CRUZ, Omar Figueroa, Lucas Matthysse, Tim Bradley, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather Jr, ERISLANDY LARA, SERGIO MARTINEZ, GENNADY GOLOVKIN, CARL FROCH, BERNARD HOPKINS, SERGEY KOVALEV... )

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        I disagree with him about the Stevenson/Dawson stoppage, not saying Dawson couldn't have continued but it wasn't a bad stoppage.
        A fighter is always going to have a different perception than a fan. As a former fighter, I can tell you that I was in fights I thought I clearly won. Then I look at tape, and never "felt" the fight that way.

I think fighters don't like to see early stoppages because they know sometimes it only takes a fighter a few seconds to recoup. I don't have an issue with the stoppage but I understand when fighters say those things.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          I use to read everything on this issue...
          ... The "race" approach comes up on forums like this one...
          ... Actual boxing fights are not about race -- they are about styles, etc... Posters make them "about race"...
          And, unfortunately a particular part of the posters...

(As about me, my favorite fighters are: GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX, LEO SANTA CRUZ, Omar Figueroa, Lucas Matthysse, Tim Bradley, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather Jr, ERISLANDY LARA, SERGIO MARTINEZ, GENNADY GOLOVKIN, CARL FROCH, BERNARD HOPKINS, SERGEY KOVALEV... )
          True, fights are about styles. Posters opinions, unfortunately, seem to be about other things, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As to your question above, I think it was Haymon's decision. He IMO is using adonis to get back at Herschman for kicking him off HBO

Comment

Curtis Stevens wouldn't last a round against Stevenson. Stevens probably shouldn't be calling out a bigger puncher than himself. He already tried that against Golovkin and you saw how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
              Curtis Stevens wouldn't last a round against Stevenson. Stevens probably shouldn't be calling out a bigger puncher than himself. He already tried that against Golovkin and you saw how that turned out.
              I don't think he's calling him out, he's calling him a b1tch because he's ducking his stablemate Kovalev

Comment

haha good interview i would thank al but he aint do nuttin fo me

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                  that's not the point of this threat. who cares?

When you lost respect from your fellow colleagues, something has gone wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X