Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabriel Campillo: I Thought I Had The Victory in The Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gabriel Campillo: I Thought I Had The Victory in The Bag

The latest edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene.com's official audio show, featured Gabriel Campillo who lost a very controversial decision to IBF light heavyweight champion Tavoris Cloud this past Saturday. Campillo appeared to win a minimum of 8 rounds despite getting dropped twice in the first round.

[Click Here To Read More]

getting dropped hurt IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      getting dropped hurt IMO...
      what lol...

It's a rounds basis, not a full fight so if you're saying getting hurt influenced the judges round by round scores later on then that's just silly.

Comment

Well he did, so he thought correctly.

Comment

So did the rest of the free World, Gabe...

Comment

it's sad to see what robberies do to a fighters moral.

I would not blame him if he never fights in the US again.

Comment

campillo is the man

a radio show (the boxing lab,) called him pretty much cold last night at 4:30 AM spanish time and he got his ass out of bed and gave a great interview

i dont habla bastante espanol, but he sounded like a very well spoken dude. the translator was having trouble keeping up with him.

he's a boss. he's a world champion now. i gave cloud two rounds outside of the first (two knockdowns, 10-7. cloud can bang.)

i hope to god showtime steps the hell up and gets him back into the mix with a big fight. looking at the landscape i dont see any fights that really jump out at me in terms of making sense.

i'm not saying this makes any sense whatsoever, but i'd love to see him fight bute. campillo's a bit bigger, bute's a much harder puncher and he can deal with the speed.

Comment

Thats why you lost and gave the championship rounds away. Plus you got knocked the fokk out!!... Twice! Cloud won by 2 points in my cards . The judges were right. Whoever knows about boxing like me knows cloud won.

Comment

What a terrible robbery that was. The judge who had it 116-110 for Cloud needs to be suspended just like the judges who scored the Williams-Lara fight.

Comment

Its a shame that this stuff happens to people, this guy has been jobbed only in the U.S. and Germany which makes sense because this is where it usually happens. He should just fight in Europe he can go after Nathan Cleverly its apparent Cloud doesnt want to give him a rematch unless hes forced to.

If Beibut Shumenov was a man, he would fight Campillo in Spain for the title because Campillo defended it the first time in Kazakhstan Shumenovs home country and then rematched even though he already beat him and this time dominated him and got his title taken away in the U.S. Khan-Peterson was a close fight and the WBA makes a rematch mandatory, lol nothing ever happened for Campillo though and most likely same thing with Cloud. He is being built up as this monster but he has limited boxing skills just heavy hands.If for some reason he doesnt get a rematch with Cloud I hope Campillo at least gets a big tv date sometime soon I think he at least deserves that much.

Light Heavy is looking good these days lots of big matches to be made. Silakh, Campillo, Dawson, Hopkins, Cleverly, Shumenov, Cloud, Pascal, Chilemba, Erdei and Braehmer. Lots of big potential match ups

Comment

Working...
                    X