Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mayweather/Maidana rivalry proves Floyd is a warrior!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    You need to think clearly. At first I was OK with this rematch but then Garcia said that Floyd will not give in on the gloves issue.

So I can see it now:
    - No preferred punchers gloves for Maidana
    - large ring size
    - Floyd will demand on a Cortez clone as the ref.
    - Floyd's team will have a long long talk with the ref. After that, Maidana will be warned with every thing he does.
    - The judges: What did Pauli Malignaggi say about the judges and Al Haymon?
    I hope you are wrong about that, I want a fair fight.

Comment

Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 07-11-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        I hope you are wrong about that, I want a fair fight.
        "I want a fair fight" .... those were Floyd's words just before he snatched Maidana's gloves away! He will say the same about Maidana's fighting to the ref .... "Cortez Jr, I want a fair fight ..... and remember, health comes first!"

Comment

You need to think clearly. At first I was OK with this rematch but then Garcia said that Floyd will not give in on the gloves issue.

So I can see it now:
          - No preferred punchers gloves for Maidana
          - large ring size
          - Floyd will demand on a Cortez clone as the ref.
          - Floyd's team will have a long long talk with the ref. After that, Maidana will be warned with every thing he does.
          - The judges: What did Pauli Malignaggi say about the judges and Al Haymon?
          Yes all variables favor Floyd, but the reason Maidana makes a good fight is that he doesn't give a fuck. I'm a Floyd fan, but I left the movie theater in May feeling like Floyd lost. And that was a Maidana coming off an 8 week training camp following the birth of his second child. This Maidana has been anticipating this rematch since the moment the first fight ended. Sure, if Mayweather can move like he was able to in 2002, this fight shouldn't be close. But Floyd isn't capable of that anymore. I am ready for the test of Mayweather's career. Father Time does not discriminate.

Or maybe Floyd wipes him out. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Yes all variables favor Floyd, but the reason Maidana makes a good fight is that he doesn't give a fuck. I'm a Floyd fan, but I left the movie theater in May feeling like Floyd lost. And that was a Maidana coming off an 8 week training camp following the birth of his second child. This Maidana has been anticipating this rematch since the moment the first fight ended. Sure, if Mayweather can move like he was able to in 2002, this fight shouldn't be close. But Floyd isn't capable of that anymore. I am ready for the test of Mayweather's career. Father Time does not discriminate.

Or maybe Floyd wipes him out. Who knows.
            Even if Maidana doesn't give a F$ck, the ref will make sure that it will cost him big time THIS TIME. That is part of my point. Maidana will need to be squeaky clean while Floyd will do his usual elbowing to the face and so on. Go check out the Hatton fight. Floyd held Hatton like crazy and gave Hatton so many elbows to the face and was never deducted a point. Hatton was deducted incorrectly a point when Floyd turned his back on Hatton and where Hatton hit the top ropes of the ring not Floyd's back of the head.

Comment

this whole thread makes me lmfao........

Comment

Even if Maidana doesn't give a F$ck, the ref will make sure that it will cost him big time THIS TIME. That is part of my point. Maidana will need to be squeaky clean while Floyd will do his usual elbowing to the face and so on. Go check out the Hatton fight. Floyd held Hatton like crazy and gave Hatton so many elbows to the face and was never deducted a point. Hatton was deducted incorrectly a point when Floyd turned his back on Hatton and where Hatton hit the top ropes of the ring not Floyd's back of the head.
                It will be disappointing if the rematch is refed like Mayweather-Hatton was. The intrigue of the first fight was its rough and tumble nature. I hope it continues, but who knows how it will play out.

Comment

So by taking Maidana's main weapon and replaced by pillow. Now Floyd making sure it will be written in contract that Maidana to wear a pillow. What a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    So by taking Maidana's main weapon and replaced by pillow. Now Floyd making sure it will be written in contract that Maidana to wear a pillow. What a warrior.

Comment

Floyd simply can't win....

If he didn't rematch Maidana, he'd be ducking the guy who gave him more issues and came closer to beating him than anyone other than Castillo.

And if he does rematch him, hes recycling a fighter he already beat.

This rematch is good and fine. The fight was close but clear Floyd win. Maidana deserved a rematch though, especially given Floyds lack of options for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X