No announcement yet.

Best Schools of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Schools of Boxing

With the debate between Canelo and Lara I thought we should debate which Latino country currently has the best school of boxing. IMO the top 4 Latino schools of boxing are Mexico, Argentina, Cuba and Puerto Rico in that order. With Venezuela probably at #5 Care to discuss??

Ok this is getting old now you're just

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      Care to discuss??
      Not especially.

Comment

Mexico has the better Professional schools but Cuba has the better Amateur system as you can see with all the medals they achieve

Comment

Mexico maybe. Gotta factor in that they don't stay in AMs for a long time (at least from what I see, might be wrong)

Comment

With the debate between Canelo and Lara I thought we should debate which Latino country currently has the best school of boxing. IMO the top 4 Latino schools of boxing are Mexico, Argentina, Cuba and Puerto Rico in that order. With Venezuela probably at #5 Care to discuss??
            If you want to go by champions, I think Colombia is higher on that list that Venezuela. Outside of a few champs, I don't think of Venezuela as a boxing country to be honest. Panama, Nicaragua and a few others could give Venezuela a run for their money IMO.

Comment

Hard to say...cause the Cubans have dominated the AM'S and the Olympics for decades and the Mexicans have dominated the pro's...but the Cubans were not allowed to turn pro till recently

Comment

But both are well schooled and have produces all time great talent....whatever they are doing is great

Comment

I've been reading the other posts about mex vs cuba and that has been interesting. I'm not an expert on the matter at all, so just an opinion from the outside. this isnt a well thought out post so spare me if i make gross generalizations

For me I'll go Mexico, PR, Argentina, Cuba. once you get into style v style things become interchangeable

overall, I believe the wild card is Argentina because they have had a lot of fighters who show up with a one-off, one of a kind style...not all of them but i think that is one of the hallmark of Argentinian boxing to me.

colombia deserves a mention too. everytime i see a fighter hailing from there, i assume the dude has lead in his gloves, seems like those guys can crack
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 07-11-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

PR is a country? Please break that one down for me. Don't worry, i'll wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X