Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Broner dismantles and knocks out Maidana he's the #5 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great. Broner lost to a C level PDL struggled with Paulie, and now he's supposed to be p4p worthy? His defense is not all that and Floyd Sr said it himself. Once he's in with someone with a pulse, that shoulder "roll" is going out of the window. I'm not even making that up look up the article when senior said it. Broner has talent but he's not p4p worthy and out of all the belt holders at 147 he will be the first to lose his

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
      lol..........do you really want to put your neck on the line like this again?
      You are most likely thinking of the Broner that destroyed DeMarco, Rees at LW, and Escobedo, Litzau, Perez at SFW. But you have to realize Maidana is much bigger and he is a machine, he is able to take flush shots and with a fighter as stationary as Broner, Maidana will definitely hit Broner back cleanly, but he won't win. Maidana will just look outmatched over.

If there is any kind of stoppage, it will not be because of Broner's power, it will be because the speed of his punches cutting up Maidana's face. Make no mistake, Maidana will finish this fight standing up. He could go down to the body, but Broner doesn't look like much of a body puncher.

Remember I said it here, Broner is very stationary, has no footwork and his defense is very, very flawed. Maidana will catch Broner plenty of times because Broner likes to come to fight and his defense doesn't match his stance. You are supposed to be a highly skilled, highly defensive fighter to use that stance effectively, and Broner is a fighter/puncher not a boxer, he uses the philly shell just a little better than Berto, and Berto was pathetic using it. So Maidana will find him more than what people are imagining.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        You are most likely thinking of the Broner that destroyed DeMarco, Rees at LW, and Escobedo, Litzau, Perez at SFW. But you have to realize Maidana is much bigger and he is a machine, he is able to take flush shots and with a fighter as stationary as Broner, Maidana will definitely hit Broner back cleanly, but he won't win. Maidana will just look outmatched over.

If there is any kind of stoppage, it will not be because of Broner's power, it will be because the speed of his punches cutting up Maidana's face. Make no mistake, Maidana will finish this fight standing up. He could go down to the body, but Broner doesn't look like much of a body puncher.

Remember I said it here, Broner is very stationary, has no footwork and his defense is very, very flawed. Maidana will catch Broner plenty of times because Broner likes to come to fight and his defense doesn't match his stance. You are supposed to be a highly skilled, highly defensive fighter to use that stance effectively, and Broner is a fighter/puncher not a boxer, he uses the philly shell just a little better than Berto, and Berto was pathetic using it. So Maidana will find him more than what people are imagining.
        I like how you believe that fighters can't add positives in areas they lack in their game. I'm not trying to condescend you because you are a respectable poster here, but just know I'll be reading your comments after the fight where you will inevitably say how you didn't expect to see Broner perform the way he did and how you didn't think Broner was a mover and more defensively responsible than you thought. The kid is 23 years old, he has legs, he will use them when he has an opponent in front of him that he knows he can't stand his ground with. I've seen Broner go in a ring and not be touched by a significant punch, and use constant movement in the gym. He chooses not to do it often because he really does like offense, contrary to the school of fighting he comes from. He is a 23 year old kid and he's not as serious too his craft as I would like him to be, but he has shown growth in maturity in the gym over the past few months. Trust, you will be impressed with his performance against Maidana. Adrien's power isn't what it was at the higher weights, but I know I will not be shocked when he stops Marcos.

Comment

Beating Malignaggi and Maidana doesn't make him P4P.

Comment

He is supposed to look impressive vs Maidana... That's why he was matched up vs a face first brawler.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              I agree Broner is going to KO maidana and I respect your points about jumping up in weight and going from 135 to 147-that is something tangible relative to p4p status.

But I don't see Broner as a top 5 p4p fighter. Floyd, ward, danny garcia, wlad, sergio, tim, froch and rigo all deserve top 5 status ahead of Broner IMO.
              How can 8 fighters deserve top 5 status?

Comment

WOW! beating a guy who may barely be in the top 25 P4P will make you top 5....OK

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                  WOW! beating a guy who may barely be in the top 25 P4P will make you top 5....OK
                  Ring has Broner in the top ten already.

A win over Broner should put Maidana in Broner's spot in the Ring list.

Maidana p4p #8, as of this December. Not bad huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    Ring has Broner in the top ten already.

A win over Broner should put Maidana in Broner's spot in the Ring list.

Maidana p4p #8, as of this December. Not bad huh?
                    GBP has Broner top 10 due to potential i guess. But has he even fought anyone in the top 15-20.

If maidana won i doubt they would put him in the top 10.

Comment

• Broner is definately in a test. Maidana will not be that easy and will test that chin. Broner should win but hes gonna be in a battle for sure

Comment

Working...
                      X