Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why The HWs Look less skilled than other divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    It's harder for really big guys (over 220-30 in fighting shape) to get that natural co-ordination and boxing ability going, just the way it is.
    They also expend more energy because of their size therefore throwing less punches and gassing out earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      They also expend more energy because of their size therefore throwing less punches and gassing out earlier.
      Also very true

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Really....hahahahaha "natural co-ordination" WTF? You gotta be a newbee with an answer like this. LMFAO!!!!! Boxing ability? You're a funny guy!
        Actually what he said is right. Its much harder for a big man to be as fluid as a smaller man. This goes in almost any sport.

Comment

Actually what he said is right. Its much harder for a big man to be as fluid as a smaller man. This goes in almost any sport.
          Your answer i agree with. His I dont. Of course they are slower and throw less than a smaller framed guy, but their boxing ability is not prohibited

Comment

Its because the heavy weight division rely on that one punch instead of overall skill. The reason Wlad is so dominant now is because he doesn't rely on that punch anymore and is boxing more...not to mention he is chinny so he is forced to box.

Comment

Really....hahahahaha "natural co-ordination" WTF? You gotta be a newbee with an answer like this. LMFAO!!!!! Boxing ability? You're a funny guy!
              It's true, i've seen it in the gym, a 14 yo who weighed close to 200 lbs with a few months training hitting the heavybag, looking ridiculously unco, no form, clunky, off balanced footwork

and then a kid of around the same age weighs about 115 picking it up far better, and actually whooping the **** out of the 200 lb kid in a spar, despite the obscene size difference and the experience in the huge kids favour.
              Last edited by RightCross94; 09-27-2009, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Your answer i agree with. His I dont. Of course they are slower and throw less than a smaller framed guy, but their boxing ability is not prohibited
                Somewhat it is. Most of them don't have the same reflexes or timing making them appear much less skilled against other world class fighters. Against a novice they would look Fluid and supremely skilled. Its the same reason a center in basketball looks foolish trying to cover a guard, or when a linebacker tries to cover a receiver one on one in football. different sets of abilities give you different sets of skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                  It's true, i've seen it in the gym, a 13 yo who weighed close to 200 lbs with a few months training hitting the heavybag, looking ridiculously unco, no form, clunky, off balanced footwork

and then a kid of around the same age weighs about 115 picking it up far better, and actually whooping the **** out of the 200 lb kid in a spar, despite the obscene size difference and the experience in the huge kids favour.
                  I dont wanna say i totally disagree...I can see where you can see this but I myself have seen the opposite. Ive seen and see big guys with great hands and foot work mixed in with great boxing ability. The HW division in this era does look nothing like it use to...I wouldn't say all HW are uncoordinated. Its just not true. But i can see why you would say that when i think about it.

Comment

Somewhat it is. Most of them don't have the same reflexes or timing making them appear much less skilled against other world class fighters. Against a novice they would look Fluid and supremely skilled. Its the same reason a center in basketball looks foolish trying to cover a guard, or when a linebacker tries to cover a receiver one on one in football. different sets of abilities give you different sets of skills.
                    Oh yes its like night and day looking at a HW compared to a WW, For that reason I agree. But the boxing ability cant be taken from them because of their size. Like you said ," it appears". Thats better said!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                      when did sad they arent sklled?

said you put any of the top HWs againnst any of the top SMWs and the HWs all get schooled bad.

If wlad and Mosley where the same size, Wlad gets destroy by Mosley easy!!

I know that, thats the why of my Thread.

But why you thnk s that.

Maybe more money in football or Basetball, baseball and stuff?
                      Look at the size difference, the HW fighters look slower and less skilled because they're so much larger, if Wlad and Mosley were the same size, there's no guarantee Wlad would fight the same way, and if he did he would surely be much faster and appear more coordinated. There are some HW fighters that have a more traditional boxing type style and appear to have some skills (Brock, Chambers, maybe Haye) but they are the smaller heavyweights that many would undoubtedly call blown up cruiserweights.
                      I have said many times that I'd love to see a good 6'2 or 6'3 210 lb fighter dominate the HW scene because at that size they could still be fast and agile enough to be exciting, but those guys would be trying to dehydrate to make weight at cruiser. And since heavies don't have to make weight, many of them are much less diciplined when it comes to training and diet. But I certainly wouldn't try to compare middleweights and welterweights to heavies, they're apples and oranges lol

Comment

Working...
                      X