Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not really sold on the Porter hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter's a very solid all-round fighter, but his power is being overrated (and his boxing ability is being underrated).

Comment

Porter is a good fighter. ALl you can base him on is what he has done up to this point. I like the way his team has developed him. WHen he gets better opposition then we can make a better determination.

Comment

Porter isn't really a power puncher since most of his recent wins went to decision. Beating a battered Paulie didn't prove anything. Thurman should be able to run through Porter.

Comment

I'm not sold yet on either guy. They both need some polishing; but they're both young.

I can't wait until they fight; both will be tested. And I agree with OP; Thurman has that scary aura.

Comment

When/if Thurman vs Porter happens, Porter will be the aggressor imo, Thurman will fight on the backfoot.

Stylistically this match-up favours Thurman, I think Porter could walk into something big.

Comment

Sold on what, him being a future ATG hall of famer? He has already proved to be a good fighter, people need to stop putting ridiculous expectations on fighters. Porter for the most part has already surpassed most expectations of him

Comment

Porter will put all those lingering doubts about his being a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Sold on what, him being a future ATG hall of famer? He has already proved to be a good fighter, people need to stop putting ridiculous expectations on fighters. Porter for the most part has already surpassed most expectations of him

Comment

Porter really surprised me in his last 2 fights, came out like a monster and got the job done impressively, he looks unstoppable in there.

Thurman also looks good but seems more vulnerable. I can't predict that fight but it would be great, slightly leaning towards Porter. I look forward to watching both of them

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      People are talking about him being a legitimate threat to Mayweather, and I'm not sold on whether he has the potential to be that.

Comment

Working...
                      X