Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any old master ever beat as many young, hungry lions as Hopkins has?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after Cloud he's been mentioning Cleverly as a next possible opponent...it's crazy how he be taming those young lions...sick

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1IyfVcMZfw

"young, hungry lion" hahah hate that phrase to Bojangles.
      everyone here always copy the phrases that Mayweather says "young, hungry lion; take the test; watch the fight on mute; who he fought; " lmao bunch of followers

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        after Cloud he's been mentioning Cleverly as a next possible opponent...it's crazy how he be taming those young lions...sick
        I doubt he fights Cleverly. Why would he?

Cleverly has done literally nothing in his career and needs to step up a few levels.

That said, I'd expect Cleverly to pose more problems for Hopkins than Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I doubt he fights Cleverly. Why would he?

Cleverly has done literally nothing in his career and needs to step up a few levels.

That said, I'd expect Cleverly to pose more problems for Hopkins than Cloud.
          I agree with everything you said....but B.Hop himself mentioned Cleverly, suprised me with that...I'll try to find the link right now

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1IyfVcMZfw

"young, hungry lion" hahah hate that phrase to Bojangles.
            everyone here always copy the phrases that Mayweather says "young, hungry lion; take the test; watch the fight on mute; who he fought; " lmao bunch of followers
            Young hungry lion is an old ass phrase man, people were saying it decades before mayweather and not only in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              I agree with everything you said....but B.Hop himself mentioned Cleverly, suprised me with that...I'll try to find the link right now
              The only reason I can imagine is because he has one of the belts (Some how)

That's the reason I can see for Hopkins wanting or taking that fight.

I don't want to see it because I can see Cleverly throwing and missing and "Outworking" him to a controversial decision.

Cleverly wants to catch him when he's finally lost it and get his name on his record.

After Hopkins beats Cloud I hope he retires.

Comment

Yusuf Mack's chin is literally made from glass.
                I think that does a disservice to the tensile strength of glass~ plate glass is certainly tougher maybe that thin glass they make Christmas ornaments from.

Comment

Pascal hits harder than Cloud.

Cloud can punch and has some power obviously but like you said he's not stopping Hopkins with one punch I doubt he even hurts Hopkins at any point, he's way too slow.

And there's no way he lands on a consistent basis to give Hopkins any danger.
                  Pascal has more explosive power than Cloud but that doesn't mean Cloud doesn't have heavy hands. They key for Cloud is obviously letting his hands go and landing.

Listen, if Hopkins has anything left he'll school Cloud bad but 48 is 48, its hard to ignore that number and maybe being a big Hopkins fan that always gets nervous before his fights I'm worrying to much but he's old man, really old for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I think that does a disservice to the tensile strength of glass~ plate glass is certainly tougher maybe that thin glass they make Christmas ornaments from.
                    Yusuf Mack's chin is made from the same glass they had in the windows they used to use in WWF when the guy would throw them through it.

Comment

Yusuf Mack's chin is made from the same glass they had in the windows they used to use in WWF when the guy would throw them through it.
                      Lol, indeed

Comment

Working...
                      X