No announcement yet.

Should manny try to unify 147 before he retires..it wouldnt be hard at all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    i think they wanted someone with a bigger name (since it's gonna be promoted to casual fans on cbs)

hopefully we can see berto-pac next year.

i really would like to see berto get tuned up. don't like the kid at all.
    Makes sense I guess. Bob could still promote the **** out of it though.

I'm with you on that, I don't like him either. He stands no chance with Manny.

But he's the best option out there, atleast at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Unfortunately in this case many actually are ****ty fighters. The guys he hasn't fought and the guys he has...or certainly not good in a true sense from an historical point of skill. They are just guys who are lucky to be in this era of titles-galore.

Jan Zaveck is terrible and lost a fight quite recently by nearly every round....yet still managed to get the win on the cards

It's more about the division he is in and the other divisions around it. It's really not a good era for 135/147/154 recently. There have been the one or two exceptions but the rest really are poor fighters overall. 140 is the single exception of recent times.....it's funny though but that should be completely normal. It used to be anyway. It's not as if each and every one of those guys are great anyway, they are just better than the **** that's around elsewhere.

Each and every one of these fighters that people talk about as making up a 'great' division are badly flawed. Maidana has no skill apart from power, Khan is chinny as hell (great to watch though) and gets wobbled by a missed punch, Alexander was a one trick pony with no backup. Bradley is the only good, solid fighter with a range of skill. His only flaw is a slight tendency to wildness and lack of power.

It's not because people are haters as you say, it's because the divisions are really full of ****. A good division has fighters that pass the test of time: At 140, having Antonio Cervantes as champion, then behind him as contenders Benitez, Locche, Saensek Muangsurin, De Jesus, Hector Thompson, Monroe Brooks, etc etc is a good divisions yet completely normal for then. Today, that would be like a golden division unheard of yet it wasn't even thought about as a good division back then. Just normal.

Boxing really does suck when you look at it in context right now.
      what fight was this?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Forget this forum, the majority of posters are idiots.

If Pacqiuao fights Berto, he will fight the #3 ranked fighter and pretty much unify the division. AND it's an easy fight for Manny.

If Arum can sell Pacqiuao Vs Clottey he can sell Pacqiauo Vs. Berto.

Make's perfect sense.
        but you can see the difference between a clottey level unknown and a fighter with a fanbase.

700k for clottey and 1 mil. for marg.

this is with clottey being ranked high in the division and he just came off arguably a win over cotto.

marg on the other hand was not ranked had a so-so win over a tomato can and a big loss and still drew more.

mosley makes sense for cbs more than berto. hopefully we see berto-pac next year.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
          yea but unless floyd retires hes the linear ww champ right now
          Is he? Thought he didn't pay the sanctioning fees for the championship.

The Ring has the WW division championship as vacant.

Comment

Makes sense I guess. Bob could still promote the **** out of it though.

I'm with you on that, I don't like him either. He stands no chance with Manny.

But he's the best option out there, atleast at WW.
            maybe next year.

jmm is next i think. they just have to figure a way to draw up jmm's contract that gbp can't match. (gbp can match any new jmm contract to keep him)

maybe they draw up a 1-fight contract that is for more money than gbp would want to match or guaranteeing a pac fight (something gbp can't offer)

who knows? not really sure what the details are on how/what gbp can do to match a contract to keep jmm.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

He didn't pay the sactioning fee's for the WBA title. That's not the Lineage, though.

The Ring title doesn't equal the Lineage. Although that is a common misconception.

Comment

He didn't pay the sactioning fee's for the WBA title. That's not the Lineage, though.

The Ring title doesn't equal the Lineage. Although that is a common misconception.
                actually ring is lineage. ring magazine's interpretation of lineage.

there's a couple of lineages for each title. ring and cyberboxingzone are the ones people refer to for title lineages.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

he's not the ring champ./hes the recongnized linear champ..2 differant things

Comment

He shouldve fought Berto....

Comment

Manny basically is retired. He's chased glory for many years and now he's cashing out against whatever big names Arum can put on a ticket.

Mosley, Marquez, Cotto and Floyd are the names I expect to see him against. If Mosley does well, maybe well get a rematch there. If none of those guys work out, only then will we see him take on Berto or Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X