Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why, when a fight doesnt happen, one fighter is AUTOMATICALLY DUCKING the other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
    There have been bona fide duckings and there is hater talk about ducking.

There are also fighters that just want a shot at the top guy because they think they are worth it.

Examples:

It appears Haye is flat out ducking the Klits, after all the talk.

Neither Cotto nor Vaca ducked each other, as it appers it is a Top Rank (Arum) decision to squeeze more money out of the fight.
    Oh yeah dude, there are some cases where the ducking is evident.... But just because some fights dont happen doesnt mean that its an automatic duck..........

Comment

Originally posted by HTown_Texan View Post
      Okay, HTown (my alter ego) says that JuanMa ducks Caba and Gamboa.... But Adrian (The real me) knows that there is a reason for these fights not happening.....

Is JuanMa sacred to fight them two? Naw, I dont think so. But I do think that his handlers are a bit scared because there is a big chance (more of a chance for him to lose than win) that he will lose those fights and not make the money off of him that they had planned to......
      Man if I was a professional boxer and a guy with two belts in the division was talking **** about me and my country, I would tell my promoter to make the fight. Juan ma didn't even after Cab called his b*tch ass out and even made fun of him, his country and even his mama lol. Juan ma and Puerto Ricans use the priced himself out excuse but if a n*gga like that was talking mad **** about me and making me look bad in front of my country, I would tell the promoter to MAKE THE FIGHT. Juan Ma ran from Caballero like Floyd ran from Pacquiao. Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
        What about Floyd's feelings about Margarito around 2007-2008?
        Floyd wasnt scared of Margs, and this is from a Margs nut hugger.....

At that point in time there were bigger and better fights that were meant to give MAJOR exposure to Mayweather in order to set up, what was an eventual highest grossing and selling fight, with Oscar De La Hoya......

Margs came up at the wrong time......

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
          Man if I was a professional boxer and a guy with two belts in the division was talking **** about me and my country, I would tell my promoter to make the fight. Juan ma didn't even after Cab called his b*tch ass out and even made fun of him, his country and even his mama lol. Juan ma and Puerto Ricans use the priced himself out excuse but if a n*gga like that was talking mad **** about me and making me look bad in front of my country, I would tell the promoter to MAKE THE FIGHT. Juan Ma ran from Caballero like Floyd ran from Pacquiao. Pathetic
          Im sure that JuanMa wanted to fight Caba... But do you really think Arum (who knows that JuanMa is not as good as he has built up to be) would put a potential money train in Juan Ma against a major opponent with that kind of shot to win, that early in his career?

Naw....

Comment

Floyd wasnt scared of Margs, and this is from a Margs nut hugger.....

At that point in time there were bigger and better fights that were meant to give MAJOR exposure to Mayweather in order to set up, what was an eventual highest grossing and selling fight, with Oscar De La Hoya......

Margs came up at the wrong time......
            This is true. Why fight Margs for $8-$10 million when you can fight a past prime (but not yet shot) Oscar for much more?

Comment

Every else is a ducker except for Pacquiao, Pacquiao never ducked Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                This is true. Why fight Margs for $8-$10 million when you can fight a past prime (but not yet shot) Oscar for much more?
                And not only that, Margs wasnt a big name..... and wouldnt bring Floyd enough exposure (which they wanted to build up the DLH fight)......

Now some might say "Margs was better known that Baldomir..." which would be true, except for Balso was the lineal and UNIFIED champ at that time..... Which means the UNIFIED champ was going up in weight to fight the biggest money maker in boxing.....BELTS BELTS BELTS!

Comment

Im sure that JuanMa wanted to fight Caba... But do you really think Arum (who knows that JuanMa is not as good as he has built up to be) would put a potential money train in Juan Ma against a major opponent with that kind of shot to win, that early in his career?

Naw....
                  So you're saying it's OK to not defend your honor and pride?

Mmmmmmm okay if you're b*tch made like that in real life, cool bro.

Comment

And not only that, Margs wasnt a big name..... and wouldnt bring Floyd enough exposure (which they wanted to build up the DLH fight)......

Now some might say "Margs was better known that Baldomir..." which would be true, except for Balso was the lineal and UNIFIED champ at that time..... Which means the UNIFIED champ was going up in weight to fight the biggest money maker in boxing.....BELTS BELTS BELTS!
                    i thought belts only collect dust? oh i guess they mean something if a bum has them and he can sell it as some sort of super fight.

Comment

I mean with Floyd this has happened.....

With Haye this has happened.....

With Devon and Bradley, and Ortiz, and Maidana, and Khan this has happened.....

Come on guys, there is more to a fight than just signing on the dotted line.....Negotiations about money, gloves, weight, this, that and the other......

These guys are all PROFESSIONAL fighters that have been figting their ENTIRE LIVES. Then they, just out of the blue, get scared of someone?

Come on guys be real....

Manny and Floyd arent scared of one another....

Haye and Wlad arent scared of each other....

And no one at 140 is scared of one another......

This is just one of my pet peeves....

Carry on.......

I agree mostly, many fights just don't happen. And if there is ducking going on it is often more because the promoter and manager are to blame. But often I hear historicly how a fighter avoided another even though one fighter was not even a contender til after another retired.
                      I might disagree in regard to Mayweather because I do believe he was careful with fight selection his whole career and I began noticing it after he fought Genaro Hernandez. But people and fans ride the ducking cliche like a tired horse and often ride that horse into the ground.

Comment

Working...
                      X