No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Marquez will look like Jones-Tarver

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Except for the fact that that Tarver wasn't coming up 2 weight classes.... but the point is taken... it is a possibility.. Floyd looks a little slower to me honestly.
    He seems to have gotten alot stronger, as for his speed, I do see a decline. His footwork, we will only find out on the 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
      When has Floyd fully relied on his handspeed alone like Roy Jones did. Floyd is much more of a complete boxer than RJJ ever was. He has the fundamentals on lock down. If Floyd did lose his speed, it wouldn't matter much since he is a smart fighter.
      That is a HUGE difference, agree FLAWLESS. RJJ was VERY dependent on his athletic ability. Where as Mayweather isn't, Mayweather is more a complete fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
        Marquez is 4 years older.

Slower.

Weaker.

Smaller.

Easy to hit.

Never fought Past 135.

NEVER fought anyone close to Maywetahers skill set.

Mayweather is beating the **** out of him.
        youre making floyd look bad

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
          That is a HUGE difference, agree FLAWLESS. RJJ was VERY dependent on his athletic ability. Where as Mayweather isn't, Mayweather is more a complete fighter.
          if you say so. I dont think Mayweather depends on it nearly as much as Roy Jones did, but he still does a lot.

whenever you see a fighter lead with quick potshot straight right hands and run backwards with his arms out to keep the other guy off, you know he relies to a degree on his speed.

Comment

Working...
          X