Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Cocaine illegal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mind anything in the Netherlands they have the best policies .Legalised and tollerated drugs means less street dealers same as prostitution less crime against women etc .If 3kg is tollerated surely it can't be that bad .Hate heroin and s--t though .

Comment

history. cocaine was regulated early on by the FDA or it's predecessor (which came about at the turn of the century.) then in the 20's i believe it was made outright illegal. i'd have to check the wikipedia.

the reason is the same with most of de drugs. they're illegal because they've been illegal. marijuana would be a hell of a cash crop in the states. the only issue is that making it legal when it's been illegal, and the largest black market in the world, is a massive undertaking.

i think cocaine would always be regulated. it's way to dangerous.

if a little kid eats some of your weed he won't feel a thing. if he eats your pot brownies he will get high(weed needs to be dissolved into fat to be eaten.) if the kid eats some of your prescription pills, or your cocaine, he will probably die.

cocaine came into prominence in urban america in part through employers, who would give it to their (often minority) laborers to increase productivity. it became associated with urbanity and black people, which generated a classist / racist stigma against it.

cocaine was actually a popular pharmaceutical for many decades beyond the turn of the century. FDR took cocaine. so did hitler. it was even in Coca-Cola, hence the name.

self disclosure:
      i have never, and would never use cocaine. i've been around it plenty, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        were you all wired up off of coke when you were pulled over? if not then I ask what are you talking about?................. Rockin'

I have no clue, I was drunk off my ass when I made that comment, just like all the other times we've spoken

Comment

Working...
        X