No announcement yet.

Anyone with Chase Mobile BE ADVISED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with Chase Mobile BE ADVISED

This morning I woke up to check my account balance after my check had cleared, and I noticed an unauthorized "quick pay" to a recipiant named Daniel B. Miller for $800.

I don't make too many online purchases and when I do I don't store my card information on the website. What chase thought might have happened was someone got my username and PW somehow and logged in my account with a mobile device and made a quick pay to themselves. Which doesn't make sense because you have to obtain an ID code before you can log into a computer or mobile device for the first time. A code that would be sent to either my email or phone number.

I loved the convenience of having the app to pay bills and check balances and stuff like that, but I'm doing away with it now.

The people at Chase mentioned that there had been "higher than normal" reports of this type of activity so far this year.

Has anybody had this happen to them, or heard anything like this?

Thats why i keep my money under my mattress

Comment

I dont trust mobile apps at all and most people dont. I remember seeing a poll and like 60% said they didnt trust mobile banking apps. I never buy anything online with my debit card, only credit cards, too many crooks out there trying to steal

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Thats why i keep my money under my mattress
        I also do most of my banking under my mattress too

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          I also do most of my banking under my mattress too

Comment

fukin jackasses , i hope you get it back man.

Comment

i got the app too. but i dont mess with 'pay you bills', i dont wanna go through the hassle of all that bs lol. the only reason i use is to check my account balance basically.
              chase has been good 2 me so far

Comment

"Daniel B." probably hacked ur email first then got into ur bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsent View Post
                  "Daniel B." probably hacked ur email first then got into ur bank account.
                  That's what Chase said when I went in the other day. They had me open a new account and associate it with another email address.

They are planning to temporarily stall the "quick pay" feature on their checking accounts in an effort to increase the security needed to add payees/ process payment.

Chase said this has happened before but the amounts were relatively small. The $800 was reported by their fraud department to be the largest amount stolen since quick pay was launched. I'm surprised the guy only took $800 and didn't wipe out my entire account.

I got my money back already (within 24 hours), plus a couple bucks extra for the inconvenience. But I still haven't received my payroll check that was scheduled to direct deposit while all of this is going on.

The only thing that sucks is that the account for "Daniel B. Miller" was probably created with a stolen identity and likely closed upon the clearance of the funds he appropriated for himself.

Also, I can't do any mobile banking for a month.

I've heard of cases of bank fraud in the past with other banks, and the people never got their money back.

Comment

Working...
                  X