Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Junior dos Santos do in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Junior dos Santos do in boxing?

For an MMA fighter he is crisp and has good power. I think he would be more successful in boxing than Kimbo or any other cross overs. Junior started training in BJJ at around 19 or 20 and loves the boxing discipline

Junior on the pads at 9:40

Junior sparring (Dont know who but according to a response on youtube the other guy is an olympic boxing)

Yea, and he is fighting Cain on Fox tonight...thats going to be hell of a fight

Comment

My favorite fighter since he is the closest fighter you can relate to boxing who is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
        My favorite fighter since he is the closest fighter you can relate to boxing who is successful.
        This. JDS was unbeaten in Kickboxing from what i heard....18 or 20-0 with either a 100% KO record or something along those lines.

He is by far, the best boxer in the UFC...just my opinion. I think boxing fans should see JDS in action, even those that hate the UFC. JDS is mostly a stand up fighter, very rare you see him fighting on the floor.

Comment

Anyone can throw punches, but in his case, it's a good start.

First time I saw him fight I immediately noticed was how high his head was all the time, it was real obvious. Looks like it's a better in these videos, but his feet and hands aren't coordinated together much at all. Nothing that couldn't be learned though if he were to do just boxing tho.

Best boxers in MMA imo is Frankie Edgar and Nick Diaz (even though his defense is leaky too).

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            Anyone can throw punches, but in his case, it's a good start.

First time I saw him fight I immediately noticed was how high his head was all the time, it was real obvious. Looks like it's a better in these videos, but his feet and hands aren't coordinated together much at all. Nothing that couldn't be learned though if he were to do just boxing tho.

Best boxers in MMA imo is Frankie Edgar and Nick Diaz (even though his defense is leaky too).
            Both Diaz and Edgar have leaky defence but IMO Edgar's boxing is overrated, he moves in and out when he punches but rarely moves lateral. He gets hurt way to often against MMA fighters hands to have one of the best boxing.

Comment

For an MMA fighter he is crisp and has good power. I think he would be more successful in boxing than Kimbo or any other cross overs. Junior started training in BJJ at around 19 or 20 and loves the boxing discipline

Junior sparring (Dont know who but according to a response on youtube the other guy is an olympic boxing)

wow are you kidding me? Literally the very first punch his boxer sparring partner throws almost knocks him out. Wow. this guy would be below tomato can status in boxing.
              Looks to me even KIMBO would annihilate this guy in BOXING because Kimbo seems to actually be a decent boxer unlike this bum.

Comment

Both Diaz and Edgar have leaky defence but IMO Edgar's boxing is overrated, he moves in and out when he punches but rarely moves lateral. He gets hurt way to often against MMA fighters hands to have one of the best boxing.
                lol true, he does get hurt quite a bit. The reason why I listed him is because even though he may only move straight in and out like you said, his feet are pretty quick regardless and it's not something I always see in MMA boxing. I thought it was pretty evident when he fought Penn who is also a decent boxer in MMA. I forgot to list eddie alvarez as well. Admittedly, i'm still learning about what a makes a good boxer in mma - who else do u think is pretty good out there.

Comment

if Kimbo could do it... damn near anyone can

Comment

There are no Brazilian CW or HW Olympic level boxers. Badr Hari will end up getting destroyed as a pro boxer and Dos Santos makes him look super talented by comparison. The gap in skill between a top level striker's hands in kickboxing or MMA compared to a boxers is vast. Anderson Silva for example is garbage as a boxer, garbage, yet is a phenom in MMA.

Comment

Working...
                    X