Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by res View Post
    It kind of looks like 2pac to me :O
    lmao...........

Comment

It kind of looks like 2pac to me :O
      Don't disgrace 2pac like that. That pic just don't look right.

Comment

I wasn't talking about my own tastes, I was picking something for Versy.

Rakim's best album that still has a fairly Modern feel to it is "Don't Sweat The Technique." I'd say.
        That's what I get for buttin in convo's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          The bolded stay Bruhnlaw. The others(especially Jay-Z, he aint been **** to me since 96's Resonable Doubt)can be left out.

But Kool G, and Cube are must haves.
          the blueprint was quality

Comment

• I think the 80s LL Cool J was a beast. Good rhymes and beats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
              Don't disgrace 2pac like that. That pic just don't look right.

Comment

• Originally posted by heat27 View Post
                That's fake.....

Comment

• Ofcourse *Pac looks like him, that's even more of Rakim's influence.*

This was Pac * around the same time Rakim came out with "Don't Sweat The Technique" and started sporting the bald look.

Then afterward*

Last edited by res; 05-01-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• This is my biggest problem with rap today.

I'm not "hating" on the young kids making money and being successful. I don't care how many women they have sex with or how many cars they buy.

I just don't like a product that is of low quality. It's the same reason I don't eat at McDonalds. It sells billions of burgers but it's not very good. I would rather have good quality food that costs more and is less available.

Music is one of the arts that is a reflection of it's generation. When you look at the 50's, 60's and 70's they said something, they stood for something and the music continued to evolve.

I just don't see that with Hip Hop today. It's just about making money and it doesn't matter your skill level or the quality. It's about selling like a fast food chain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      This is my biggest problem with rap today.

I'm not "hating" on the young kids making money and being successful. I don't care how many women they have sex with or how many cars they buy.

I just don't like a product that is of low quality. It's the same reason I don't eat at McDonalds. It sells billions of burgers but it's not very good. I would rather have good quality food that costs more and is less available.

Music is one of the arts that is a reflection of it's generation. When you look at the 50's, 60's and 70's they said something, they stood for something and the music continued to evolve.

I just don't see that with Hip Hop today. It's just about making money and it doesn't matter your skill level or the quality. It's about selling like a fast food chain.
                      Yeah but I think these thing always happen in stages. The selling out started in the 90's before these kids were the major consumers of Hip Hop. It started out with everyone turning into a gangsta because it was profitable. Of course it wasn't as bad as it is now, there was still more skill, soul, energy and life in the music, but people were still following the buck. All the music that reflected the other aspects of life in the community disappeared, and Now EVERYONE was a gangsta. The problem is people don't pay attention at that point. A lot of the vet rappers were warning back then but most people didn't pay attention. a guy like Jay Z starts clearly compromising his lyrics in the 90's for mainstream appeal (and openly admits it) but because it never got as bad as 50 Cent, Pit Bull and and Juelz Sanatana we don't see the connection. This stuff starts out early, like a snowball rolling down a hill; it just gets bigger and bigger over time. All of this is in part the older generation's fault, we started compromising and the younger ones just ran with it.

But you're right, we at least know that something else exists, many of these kids have literally lost the capacity to recognize and appreciate substance. It's sad because they're the future.
                      Last edited by res; 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X