No announcement yet.

If Floyd and Manny fight May 5th and Floyd dominates he is top 15 atg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
    You Floyd fans DO realized that if you put Floyd in the top 15 ATG if he dominates PAC...

...does that mean you actually acknowledge Pac's accomplishments and don't label him as a hype job no more??

How bout vice versa?? If PAC KOs Floyd and takes his 0, does that mean PAC goes to the top 15 ATG as well??
    I think he's asking that question of Pacquiao fans. Even if Floyd were to beat Pac in a dominant fashion I would not put Floyd at the top 15 because I don't think Pacquiao is that special to begin with. Obviously a win over Pacquiao is a good win but it wouldn't be as great as people are making it out to be. Besides Marquez already kind of spoiled the win for Mayweather because he's seen as the only guy to have figured Manny out.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      common ****en sense.....look at them mofo

why would i need an excuse when i think pac handles floyd?..floyd is bigger than both pac and jmm..it's just what it is....you fukers want me to ignore the obvious now?..
      So you count Floyd being 2 pounds heavier than Pac, as being "a couple weight classes bigger" ? Or are you just being a pussey?

Comment

Right now, he's floating around top 30. If he beats just Manny, he is top 20 ATG. If he beats just Sergio at 154/155, he is around the top 25 ATG. If he beat both, he'd be around the top 10-15 ATG.

Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo, Phillip N'dou, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz. With Manny Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez, he'd be that much higher for sure.

I know people are doubting that Sergio could happen, but if he doesn't fight Manny in May, there could be a real shot of Sergio. And, even if he does fight Manny in May, Sergio is still there in the fall. People forget that Haymon and Dibella have a good working relationship and have fighters in common.

Amir Khan was upset by Lamont, so the soonest that fight could happen would be Spring 2013, when Floyd would be 36. Who else would be there in the fall after Manny??? There'd be Sergio, and maybe Kirkland or Alvarez, depending on what they did prior to the fall. There'd be the Berto-Ortiz II winner, Bradley, or maybe Maidana or Alexander, but that's it.

Comment

Think of it like this. JMM came into the third fight with all the perceived disadvantages. He schooled manny and won 8-9 rounds. Is he getting major credit for it? No, it's getting brushed off, and he pulled off one of the greatest upsets in years.

The majority of people know Floyd beats manny, and manny isn't good enough anyways to make Floyd a top 15 ATG just for beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            So you count Floyd being 2 pounds heavier than Pac, as being "a couple weight classes bigger" ? Or are you just being a pussey?
            dude, nontio donaire was one weighclass smaller than montiel at fight night, is monitel bigger than him when so may claim nonito is a ****en fw....look at frames man...jeez!

Comment

If someone has enough courage and actually pulls back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz/Bob Arum and he's somehow forced to make the fight, I envision a grand illusion coming to a screeching halt. Mayweather will get the credit of course and a momentary few weeks of hype but nothing more. See, in the world of boxing a loss or a win can be spun so that the order is reversed. In the world of boxing people infuse their fighters with many of their hopes and dreams. Just kinda happens that way I guess, it's not that it's always intentional, but it does happen. And when it does it means that clarity is no longer so clear and prejudice becomes ones main way to move around in that world.

Losing to Mayweather will not hurt Manny, because those that love him have more of an attachment to him than his win loss category. The fans that love Pacquiao love the man; which is why I think they cling just as hard to his persona out of the ring as much as they do the one in.

Floyd on the other hand finds himself in quite a conundrum. He's been cornered against the ropes of history and for many reasons he must be excellent where others are merely adequate. Floyd must perform in a way that few athletes have or ever will; he must go out and win every time. I can only imagine the pressure to live up to his promotion must be staggering. But the component he has going for him that makes his job that much easier is his brilliance. If not for that Floyd Mayweather would simply be good not great.

Let’s see if the Wizard has enough courage to risk his wallet, if he’s smart, not honest or trustworthy but smart, he won’t.

Comment

I don't think so, I would say no...Not in my personal list.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  dude, nontio donaire was one weighclass smaller than montiel at fight night, is monitel bigger than him when so may claim nonito is a ****en fw....look at frames man...jeez!
                  Pacquiao has bigger torso and legs by far, Mayweather has the bigger upper body. So it evens out, they are the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    Pacquiao has bigger torso and legs by far, Mayweather has the bigger upper body. So it evens out, they are the same size.
                    Floyd has a slight size advantage.

Floyd rarely has a size advantage over his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      Think of it like this. JMM came into the third fight with all the perceived disadvantages. He schooled manny and won 8-9 rounds. Is he getting major credit for it? No, it's getting brushed off, and he pulled off one of the greatest upsets in years.

The majority of people know Floyd beats manny, and manny isn't good enough anyways to make Floyd a top 15 ATG just for beating him.
                      I disagree...One is not one of the greatest upset in years.

But, I think JMM got credit for it....By most accounts he's an elite P4P fighter still even though he's out the door. But, more importantly that fight proved solidified that JMM is an ATG.

Before this fight, you know what for me personally he was borderline. He was a sure fire HOF'er no doubt. But, he wasn't ATG material not to me anyways. But, after that fight he's an ATG fighter. I don't think you can question that anymore, as you could prior to that fight. So yes I think he got credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X