Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: B-Scene Staff Predictions: Peter Quillin vs. F. Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: B-Scene Staff Predictions: Peter Quillin vs. F. Guerrero

Peter Quillin returns to the venue that crowned him a titlist, as the unbeaten middleweight takes on Fernando Guerrero in their 12-round bout Saturday evening at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.

The bout serves as the co-feature attraction of a Showtime-televised tripleheader. Headlining the show is a 140 lb. title fight between Danny Garcia and Zab Judah; also airing via split site tape delay is a modified welterweight bout between Amir Khan and Julio Diaz.

The evening marks Quillin’s first fight since winning an alphabet belt in this very venue, scoring six knockdowns in a still surprisingly competitive 12-roiund win over Hassan N’Jam N’***am last October. His first defense of the title came dangerously close to ending on the scales, as Quillin (28-0, 20KO) was 1.5 lb. over the middleweight limit during Friday’s weigh-in.

Quillin insisted his body still had more water to shed, proving correct just over an hour later when he returned to the scales to make 160 on the dot, and thus still entering the ring as champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

My gut has been saying Guerrero wins this one too.

Comment

Quillin is good, for the guy who said guerrero is smaller needs to check his facts, guerrero is a middleweight, he has taken a couple fights at 154 but he has mostly campaigned at middleweight, that being said, he is a pretty good boxer like N jikam is and we saw the fits he gave quillin - if his chin can hold up he should be able to outbox quillin - I am looking at the upset - guerrero, I like quillin and I think he is the more dynamic fighter, but just not the best boxer and guerrero is a boxer, quillin is a boxer / puncher and he struggled in his last fight even with 6 knock downs to his credit.

Comment

Guerrero can only win if he can deal with his power

Comment

Working...
        X