Collapse
No announcement yet.

USADA Prefers Out Of Competition Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just going to post something asking somebody who knows about steroids to chime in about the specifics. But this pretty much covers it. Pacman is just pissed off that he's been accused and the Mayweathers are using this to make it look like he is afraid because he is guilty. Pacman is unsulted, not guilty. He's always been ripped, he's always punched hard, nothing has changed, he's a natural born puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Menace View Post
      Wow, that was a horrible article. Tygart said they need out of competition testing to be most effective in catching hGH. No where does he say they shouldn't do in competition testing. In fact, if you look at the WADA procedures, they do both out of competition and in competition testing.

And the argument that Pac can't use hGH between fights because he's too busy making movies is laughable. He obviously stays in top shape between fights, so he's finding time for the gym. He doesn't fatten up like Ricky Hatton.

Anyway, I still don't see what the big deal is in agreeing to the tests. Mayweather is going to be subjected to the same thing, so there will be a level playing field. No one is getting an advantage. This testing program is performed on thousands of athletes every year.
      All USADA random tests, including those made by other bodies for the Olympics are done out-of-competition.

Why would it be done in competition? Floyd would love to see Pac being woken up at 2-3am in the morning to be drawn for blood after a long grind at camp. That scenario would happen at least a dozen times during his training camp if Floyd's caprice is granted.

Comment

It was a precise, accurate article, explained in layman's terms by an expert. I'll trust his explanation more than the hate rants of a ***** here at NSB or Floyd Sr.'s libelous remarks.

Comment

That is how a SPECIFIC PED is easiest to detect. However, they are testing for Many PED's including EPO's. Cycling one of the dirtiest sports has cracked down a lot and they use blood samples to test just days before competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin88 View Post
            All USADA random tests, including those made by other bodies for the Olympics are done out-of-competition.

Why would it be done in competition? Floyd would love to see Pac being woken up at 2-3am in the morning to be drawn for blood after a long grind at camp. That scenario would happen at least a dozen times during his training camp if Floyd's caprice is granted.
            Well, for one the out-of-competition refers to all the days before the event. In-competition refers to the day they participate, from what I read. On event day they have one or two hours after the event to sumbit their sample. The rest of the time they have to be available for one hour per day, seven days a week. They do not wake you up at 2-3am every time they show up, if at all. You submit a schedule to the USADA so they know where you'll be on a given day. Then they randomly select days for you to be tested.

Comment

urine test?

Comment

why should pac submit to floyd's ridiculous demands which has never EVER been done before in the world of boxing! Olympics or Not!

Comment

Here's what 2008 Jamaican Olympics sprinter Asafa Powell said in an article publised by Yahoo.com,

Asafa Powell complained he was tested excessively during the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, in which he won a gold medal as a member of his nation’s 4 x 100 meter relay team. “I got pretty upset two days ago because since I have been here, they have tested me four times,” Powell said during the 2008 Games. “They’ve taken so much blood from us we’re going to be very weak before the final.”

Comment

Originally posted by Robin88 View Post
                    Said J. Sahi, M.D., tells Philboxing why the USADA prefers out-of-competition testing:
                    That article is from a bias source try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
                      That is how a SPECIFIC PED is easiest to detect. However, they are testing for Many PED's including EPO's. Cycling one of the dirtiest sports has cracked down a lot and they use blood samples to test just days before competition.
                      It is unprecedented in the sport of boxing, or any other sport, for that matter, to go beyond the norms of doping tests, just to try to pin down an athlete who has not tested positive in previous tests. If the USADA breaks its norms, I prefer that it breaks its norms for all boxers, and not just for the Pacquiao fight. Placing it quite succintly, Mayweather'sn request for in-camp random tests are spurious at best.

Originally posted by Red_Menace View Post
                      Well, for one the out-of-competition refers to all the days before the event. In-competition refers to the day they participate, from what I read. On event day they have one or two hours after the event to sumbit their sample. The rest of the time they have to be available for one hour per day, seven days a week. They do not wake you up at 2-3am every time they show up, if at all. You submit a schedule to the USADA so they know where you'll be on a given day. Then they randomly select days for you to be tested.
                      Pacquiao is willing to submit blood samples immediately after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X