No announcement yet.

Bradley's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley's style?

What would you categorize Bradley's fighting style as? He's not a typical boxer, he throws too many combinations. Is he a mix of multiple styles? Also how do you think his style will match up with Dinamita?

This is going to be a very tough fight for Marquez at his age.
    Bradley likes to throw big combos when he gets hit but Marquez is one of the craftiest veterans in the game so he might catch Bradley in the middle of one of those combos and JMM is a very good finisher. Bradley has a lot of heart so if he can stay off the canvas he can definitely have a good chance to pull a decision victory, I'm just pretty sure he won't KO JMM.

This is a good 50/50 scrap I can't wait.

Comment

Bradley's strange because when he fights smart you see he's got a good ring IQ and he adjusts to fighting outside, mid range and inside very well. Not very many guys are as comfortable shifting ranges as Bradley right now. I think when he shows his best range and style he's an inside mugger who throws weird angle overhand rights and left hooks to the head and digs left and right hooks into the body that are much harder than his head hooks, and some headdercuts to the eyes while pushing you back with his physical strength. Not a great puncher but physically super strong.

The thing that killed him against Pacquiao if you were watching the fight instead of whatever the judges were doing, was that A. Pacquiao has deceptive defensive ability with his footwork getting in and out and B. that he never adjusted to straightening the right from an overhand which is the way Pac's guard is most vulnerable to. He kept throwing it in a way that Pac could catch on his guard, at the upper corner of his head, instead of right down the pipe like Marquez could.

The thing that saved him against Pac was that he can move his head so well on the outside that you have to reach all over the place and extend yourself past where you're comfortable to tag him if he wants to make it like that. When Bradley wants to this guy has seriously coordinated upperbody movement and can dip and duck all over. Provodnikov a lot of times that I remember did to Bradley in some ways something like what Huck was having success with Povetkin. Surprising him with how long he can bomb. They have very long range power that reaches farther than you'd think their reaches would allow. I've sparred some guys like that where you THINK you're out of the way with room to spare and then you get clocked full on with nothing taken off the shot, even by some guys with short reaches. It's like a mufuggin optical illusion working on you but it's something with how far they can extend themselves into a punch with set feet.

If Marquez times Bradley and knows how to play wait and counter on him it's over for Bradley and he's getting wrecked. If Bradley can get in and maul Marquez without eating those crazy uppercuts by using his head movement I don't know if he'll win but he'll be giving Marquez some stuff I don't think Marquez has had to deal with from a 150 pound guy and maybe win it. Bradley's physicality can take it out of guys. Is Marquez too old to deal with this? Is Bradley's chin okay after that fight with Provo? It might be the most interesting fight right now with the most question marks.

Comment

I don't think he has a set style. He outworks and outhustles his opponents. He's boxed and had success, he's fought inside and had success, but it all comes back to his conditioning and activity most often. He does whatever is necessary to win.

He can beat Marquez if he stays smart and moves well. Don't get too crazy and let Marquez pick him off. Tough to ask of Bradley, but he's fought smartly before and can now. He won't win trying to fight like Mayweather, despite what many have said. He's not Mayweather and can't fight that way.
        Last edited by bojangles1987; 08-09-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I don't think he has a set style. He outworks and outhustles his opponents. He's boxed and had success, he's fought inside and had success, but it all comes back to his conditioning and activity most often. He does whatever is necessary to win.

He can beat Marquez if he stays smart and moves well. Don't get too crazy and let Marquez pick him off. Tough to ask of Bradley, but he's fought smartly before and can now. He won't win trying to fight like Mayweather, despite what many have said. He's not Mayweather and can't fight that way.
          Truth. NOBODY at 147 could do anything to Marquez like what Mayweather did. NOBODY right now shuts Marquez down like that without straight overpowering him like I'm not sure anyone would do. There is not one fighter at that weight or lower that would out think and out finesse JMM nearly every minute of 12 rounds. Straight up. Definitely not Bradley even though Bradley's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
            What would you categorize Bradley's fighting style as? He's not a typical boxer, he throws too many combinations. Is he a mix of multiple styles? Also how do you think his style will match up with Dinamita?
            it's because he is the only fighter to fight with 3 hands if you count his head

Comment

He's a well rounded, versatile fighter who can fight both coming forward and off the back foot and is average-good in every area.

Comment

No set style but all around good at all fascists of boxing! He has good ring IQ, can adjust quickly and has one hell of a heart!

Comment

He's an inside fighter in my opinion it's not to say he can't fight on the outside in my opinion he fights better on the outside behind a jab even though he is quite small.

But he tends to get drawn inside and that's where he feels most comfortable even if it makes the fight harder than it should like against Provodnikov. His punches tend to be very short and compact which suits inside fighting, I love the right hand he threw and decked Cherry with.

Comment

I know hes thought highly of on NSB but i for one dont think hes that good. Has heart but not that good. He beats JMM and i may think differently but right now hes not high on my list. To each his own though

Comment

Working...
                    X