Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to see floyd's stans have to say about this, they avoid it like the plague

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
    Naw, my post cut too deep is all. And what is a noob? If it's a guy who's followed the sport for years (Over 25 yrs to be clear) then ok.
    But you puppets aint gonna sell me a polished turd, I know exactly what's going on.
    Questions....
    Do you think Marg could have loaded up back then? AND
    If yes,
    Why would you have even wanted Floyd to accept it/Argue if he accepted it or not?
    Floyd fought for the belts Zab was supposed to bring back, Zab/Floyd was already in play before Zab lost.
    Floyd was on a belt chase back then, Baldi had the belt Marg didn't.. period..
    Didn't read because, you're a ******ed ass poster..

Comment

i think he chose to avoid marg. but the he ducked cotto lie has been disproven. marg would have made him better money with ppv residuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        i think he chose to avoid marg. but the he ducked cotto lie has been disproven. marg would have made him better money with ppv residuals.

He didn't duck Cotto, he's not ducking Pac either. Most of the guys that people say Floyd avoided...He didn't avoid.

Marg was really the only one and then maybe Stevie Johnston being another one...But, that''s it...After that, Floyd didn't duck anyone people claim that he did.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnickuh View Post
          You're embarrassingly naive. It's called "prize-fighting" for a reason.
          It's called pride and wanting to be the best. If you're only do it for the money then you're just a common prostitute.

"I have always believed that every man's personal commitment ought to be towards excellence." - V. Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Floyd was already establishing himself though...Floyd was already a HOF'er before even getting in the ring with Oscar.

SRR was all about the benjamins...was he not? Tell me he wasn't.

How many times did he threatened at the last minute that he wasn't going to fight so and so because he wasn't getting the benjamins that he wanted? It's about the benjamins so lets not get carried away.

Now don't turn this around as me comparing Floyd to SRR. Because, I'm not. Floyd is nowhere near the level of greatness or was established as SRR was.

However, my point is that it's about the benjamins with every fighter.

You acting like Floyd wasn't establish as one of the best boxers. Which is ridiculous cuz' he was.

He was already considered one of the greatest SFW of all time. Now you might dismiss that because it wasn't an original 8 weight-classes. But, whether you like it or not. It's one of the few jr/super weight-classes that has a rich history. It has over 70 years of history. Great fighters from Canzoneri, Duran, Arguello, Elorde, and plenty more...Yet Floyd stands amongst one of the best to ever fight there. I only Arguello higher than him in that weight-class. Then he won 2 lineal titles in 2 of the original 8 weight-classes. So he was established. You can't say he wasn't.

So it's unfair to criticize him for a move that 99% of fighters in the history of the sport would have made. You have to be a complete dumbass to turn down Oscar man.
            The difference is that Robinson had to take the hard road if he wanted the Benjamins. He couldn't take the path of least resistance because there wasn't one. Hell, that's why he fought Maxim. To put it into perspective that's the equivalent of Floyd in 2001 fighting B-Hop for his Middleweight crown.

Poet

Comment

The Judah fight was signed...They had an agreement but nothing was signed. After Judah lost, they went and re-worked the agreement because nothing was signed. Floyd could have fought someone else besides Judah.

Floyd turned down what was a career high payday at the time in Margarito. In that same interview Arum said that he would have granted an extension to the buyout deadline. Which no one ever mentions.

So in reality Floyd could have fought Margarito(best fighter in the division at the time), Baldomir(lineal champion), and Oscar. Or have fought Judah(don't know why), Margarito(best fighter in the division), and Oscar. Or could have fought Judah(don't know why, but in April), Margarito(best fighter in the division in August which was the original date), Baldomir(lineal champion in November), and Oscar.

But, Floyd chose to avoid the hell out of Margarito...However, I guess this now called a smart move, not a duck...But, then I guess every duck should be consider a smart move....Since there is always a reason to duck someone.
              not true Jro..actually Floyd was paid more for the Baldo fight than he was offered for the Marg fight and Baldo was the lc..so it made more sense..also Floyd asked Bob for a 20(25?) million dollar guarantee to fight Marg and DLH..but Bob said no..also no one but Bob was asking for the Marg fight at that time..the only pressure on Floyd was to face the champ Baldo at the time..Baldo can be the worst champion ever in your mind..but like it or not..every commentator and sports station kept calling Floyd to face him and even said he was a challenge to Floyds record.
              and lets be real, Marg is another face forward fighter Floyd wouldve ripped apart (assuming no loaded gloves!)..it didnt make sense. just like he says on these video,. he wanted big paydays. he wasnt gauranteed any from fighting Marg and no one was mentioning him as a threat to Floyd or calling for that fight.
              no head movement, no footwork, face first fighters are tailor made for Floyd to demonstrate his skills..the mexican fans should be glad Floyd spared them the embarrasment, that is until Marg embarrased himself by the plasters.
              Last edited by American Dream; 09-25-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

He didn't duck Cotto, he's not ducking Pac either. Most of the guys that people say Floyd avoided...He didn't avoid.

Marg was really the only one and then maybe Stevie Johnston being another one...But, that''s it...After that, Floyd didn't duck anyone people claim that he did.
                preaching to the chior. i think a case could be made for marg.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  The difference is that Robinson had to take the hard road if he wanted the Benjamins. He couldn't take the path of least resistance because there wasn't one. Hell, that's why he fought Maxim. To put it into perspective that's the equivalent of Floyd in 2001 fighting B-Hop for his Middleweight crown.

Poet
                  how is it the equivalent when srr was 5'11 and had much experience at middleweight?
                  just stop man, anyone in "reality" would've picked the oscar fight
                  back to the histroy section where you do nothin but troll trolls

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    5:12 - 8:08

People forget all the hype that was placed around Baldomir via HBO commentators and journalists. Baldomir walked around between 185-190lbs as stated in the video. Had Floyd beat Margarito the same way he beat Baldomr, Floyd would've been discredited the same way he beat Baldomir.
                    Exactly. this is what people forget.
                    Baldo was so hyped, there was no talk Of Margs from the media or public..

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
                      Not true. He fought Maxim years after his diva like attitude. Like I said not comparing the two with what they accomplished in boxing. But, both were all about the benjamins. Why did he fight Lamotta so many times but never fought Burley? Because, who was more high profile fight?

And, no fighter in history, not even your favorite fighter of all time(unless it's Winky) would turn down a fight with a guy like Oscar and what he brings to the table.

So again it's unfair to criticize him for making a move that many would have done.

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                      not true Jro..actually Floyd was paid more for the Baldo fight than he was offered for the Marg fight and Baldo was the lc..so it made more sense..also Floyd asked Bob for a 20(25?) million dollar guarantee to fight Marg and DLH..but Bob said no..also no one but Bob was asking for the Marg fight at that time..the only pressure on Floyd was to face the champ Baldo at the time..Baldo can be the worst champion ever in your mind..but like it or not..every commentator and sports station kept calling Floyd to face him and even said he was a challenge to Floyds record.
                      and lets be real, Marg is another face forward fighter Floyd wouldve ripped apart (assuming no loaded gloves!)..it didnt make sense. just like he says on these video,. he wanted big paydays. he wasnt gauranteed any from fighting Marg and no one was mentioning him as a threat to Floyd or calling for that fight.
                      no head movement, no footwork, face first fighters are tailor made for Floyd to demonstrate his skills..the mexican fans should be glad Floyd spared them the embarrasment, that is until Marg embarrased himself by the plasters.
                      The Baldomir deal came after. So him turning down a career high payday at the time is completely accurate.

Floyd could have fought Marg and then fought Baldo in November. Didn't do it. Floyd could have fought Marg and then got his 20mil against Oscar didn't do it.

Baldo couldn't carry Marg jockstrap whether you agree with it or not. Marg was the best fighter in the division. Had the best WW resume at the time.

And, I doubt Floyd would have embarrassed Marg...Floyd was also barely getting use to the weight-class so I doubt Marg would have been tailor made for him. Would Floyd have beaten him? Sure? Beat him decisively? I might agree. But, embarrass him? No.

Floyd avoided the hell out of Marg. That's probably the only fighter Floyd truly avoided. Like Mannie Phresh said all the other names that people claim Floyd duck is BS. But, the Marg is completely legit.

No matter what excuses people make. He had other opportunities to fight Marg and just didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X