Roaches Thoughts on PAC/Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaches Thoughts on PAC/Mayweather

Don't know if anyone posted this
    Nostradamus interview but this is what I found interesting...

Roach:He presents no problem for Manny. He is too small and fragile for Manny. He doesn’t have the skills to hurt my fighter. Manny will break him apart before he knocks him out. The key to beating Mayweather is literally beat him up. You take what you can get. He is elusive but he can’t move his body. He is very quick with head movement. You break his body down, he has bad hands, bad ribs, bad knee and he’s had rotator cuff surgery. This is not a guess it’s the facts, period.

When asked if Manny will pressure Mayweather

Roach:Now you’re beginning to see what will happen in the fight. That’s exactly why Mayweather will be, an easier opponent than Cotto or Mosley or even Marquez. Manny will be applying pressure from the beginning and never let up. He will use both hands and he is certainly the faster fighter. The difference will come in the middle of the fight. Manny is continuing to throw shots from all angles and Mayweather will feel the Kayo.

I found this interesting because I always felt that Manny would do better trying to Blaze Mayweather with speed and use movement to keep Floyd off balance. Catch him with stiff speedy combos and be out. Kinda like Paulie said. I think trying to break Mayweather's body down over the course of a fight would be more risky for Manny because it gives Floyd the chance to time him and pick him apart. Freddie was blowing smoke in at least part of this interview when he said that Mayweather at best got a draw with Oscar and was losing after 6 rounds to Hatton. What do you guys think of the strategy Roach laid out? BS or is he on to something? This could also be a false game plan just to throw people off as well. discuss.
    Yes Roach is on to something.
    26.67%
    No this will be the wrong way to go.
    0.00%
    Manny wins either way.
    20.00%
    Manny loses either way.
    33.33%
    This is not the real game plan.
    20.00%

Roach sounds stupid. Mayweather has had injury problems in the past, but i dont think he's damaged to the degree Roach was indicating. He's just talking big mess and he doesnt believe half the **** he's saying. He knows Floyd presents style problems for Manny, has the reach advantage, technical and skill advantage, and Manny wouldnt have the speed advantage in his favor. Roach talks about Floyd's supposed struggles in his last fights Manny basically fought zombie leftovers. His last good opponent beat him twice. He got beaten by a faded Morales

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
      Roach sounds stupid. Mayweather has had injury problems in the past, but i dont think he's damaged to the degree Roach was indicating. He's just talking big mess and he doesnt believe half the **** he's saying. He knows Floyd presents style problems for Manny, has the reach advantage, technical and skill advantage, and Manny wouldnt have the speed advantage in his favor. Roach talks about Floyd's supposed struggles in his last fights Manny basically fought zombie leftovers. His last good opponent beat him twice. He got beaten by a faded Morales
      Yeah I was surprised he spoke about Floyd's injuries in detail like that. This must be early head games because I think Roach is smarter than that.

Comment

Originally posted by mitruth View Post
        Yeah I was surprised he spoke about Floyd's injuries in detail like that. This must be early head games because I think Roach is smarter than that.
        yea you're probably right

Comment

Originally posted by mitruth View Post
          Hence the retirement by floyd!
          Roach spoke the truth about all those injuries but he failed to recall the guy took time off for that purpose. We all knew that little greedy bastard would not miss out on this gravy train.

Roach knows better. He just gets diarrhea at the mouth when it comes to pacq! He himself is believing the hype to a certain extent. Lets see pacq try to jump in with body shots, let alone jumping in period. We will see how brittle his chin is.

And the mid fight breakdown of pbf is laughable. U cant force pbf to fight unless he wants too. pacq would be the one fading imo. Gooooood I want this fight now soooo bad. Only becuz the disgusting amount of hype behind pacq. At first I didnt want this mismatch but now fuk it. Expose the him to the world and make pbf look like a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by jantzen212003 View Post
            Hence the retirement by floyd!
            Roach spoke the truth about all those injuries but he failed to recall the guy took time off for that purpose. We all knew that little greedy bastard would not miss out on this gravy train.

Roach knows better. He just gets diarrhea at the mouth when it comes to pacq! He himself is believing the hype to a certain extent. Lets see pacq try to jump in with body shots, let alone jumping in period. We will see how brittle his chin is.

And the mid fight breakdown of pbf is laughable. U cant force pbf to fight unless he wants too. pacq would be the one fading imo. Gooooood I want this fight now soooo bad. Only becuz the disgusting amount of hype behind pacq. At first I didnt want this mismatch but now fuk it. Expose the him to the world and make pbf look like a legend.
            Originally posted by mangler
            Roach is talkin out his ass. Mr boat buyer is stronger than Pac. Pac can't outbox or outpunch Mr boat buyer. Gotta outwork him. **** chasin a KO. Get to his body and raise the target later.
            Seems like most people so far agree that this was BS. My favorite part is he says Mayweather will be easily beaten. I thinks its a tough intriguing fight for both guys.

Comment

Roach is correct, Cotto is a harder fight for Manny than Mayweather.

Comment

Why did Mayweather struggle so much against Castillo? Pressure.

So yeah, maybe he is on to something. He is just talking **** when he says mayweather would be easier than cotto/mosley/etc. of course. Obviously (in my mind anyway) Mayweather is the ultimate challenge for any fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  Why did Mayweather struggle so much against Castillo? Pressure.

So yeah, maybe he is on to something. He is just talking **** when he says mayweather would be easier than cotto/mosley/etc. of course. Obviously (in my mind anyway) Mayweather is the ultimate challenge for any fighter.
                  Your correct homie but JLC was a big guy for Floyd at the time. I don't see Pac imposing himself that way. I see Pac using speed and movement

Comment

JLC was much heavier than Floyd and Floyd had an injured Rotator cuff which aint' a joke injury

Comment

Working...
                    X