Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO needs to scrap "face off"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't care for this show or Jim Lampley's show.

Comment

They are fantastic. Hopkins-Pascal, Cotto-Margarito, Provodnikov-Alvarado in particular were mesmerising TV (there are more that I am forgetting off the top of my head). One of the few things in the sport recently that is quite innovative.

Pac, God bless him, sucks at them though.

Comment

Some are very good(Provo vs Alvarado, Martinez vs Chavez), but most suck. They are only good when the fighters are genuine and have some personal animosity towards each other.

Comment

A face off between PAC and Floyd would be epic though, never gonna happen though

Comment

Completely disagree. I was actually just rewatching the Provodnikov/Alvardo one recently. Loved how Ruslan came off as a stone cold killer. I think it can really add depth to a fight or fighter if used right.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Face Off, 24/7, FIGHT GAME, Jim Lampley as the Play by Play guy among other things...

24/7 sucks because lets be honest, boxers 99% of them lack personality, many of them can't speak English. All their stories are the same or at least that is how HBO Present it that way
              I agree dude.... 24/7 is complete trash compared to all access and fight camp 360. The stories that showtime present are completely new and fresh and really keep this sport of boxing alive. I mean everytime you see an all access, you see something new and amazing. like for example, in the last floyd all access he showed his cars. the one before it he showed his houses. i was literally on the edge of my seat in utter amazement of what was playing out before my very eyes.

In fact, HBO should just shut down as a network due to complete superiority by showtime

SHOPOWER.

Comment

a fighter's lack of personality, bravado, charisma etc. will obviously break the show. the format itself is fine.

martinez-chavez, provodnikov-alvarado, hopkins- pascal, cotto-margarito were great TV.

Comment

the one with Hopkins and pascal was hilarious

Comment

Working...
                  X