Josh Everett warmup for boxing -- try it out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Everett warmup for boxing -- try it out

hey guys,

today at the boxing workout, i'll try this warmup except for the specific warmup.

http://journal.crossfit.com/2012/04/everrettwarmup.tpl

let me know what you guys think.

Didn't like it. It's more for MMA. When warming up for boxing you have to do a total body warm up. Yes it can be a dynamic warm up, which is what I do with the guys I train. Just remember to use sport related exercises like running in place, jumping rope, shadow boxing, arm swing, waist rotations, squats lunges. I hope your starting to get the picture. The warm up Josh was performing is more dynamic stretching, which in my opinion should be done after performing a light warm up which will get your heart rate up, loosen up all the muscles you will be working or using and increasing your range of motion. Remember muscles are like rubber bands and to avoid injuries you shouldn't stretch a cold muscle. Stick to sport specific warm up drills if your serious about boxing otherwise, knock yourself out and tells us how it went.

Comment

yeah this is the warm up after jumprope and shadowboxing. do you think that anything else should be added in the warm up section (jumprope, shadowboxing, JE warmup)?

I thought the inchworm was an excellent warmup for the shoulders and back which is what i don't see enough of yet.

Comment

Working...
      X