Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to see floyd's stans have to say about this, they avoid it like the plague

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
    exactly. you have floyd buy himself out of top rank and is going thru court problems with them. goes to sign a fight with judah but judah goes n loses to boldimer. when being interviewd noone said why not margirito they was asking floyd bout boldimer the legit champion but floyd was already secured vs judah. he get offered 8 mil for margirito but arum also had options in floyds next fights. whats funny is arum even said floyd would fought margirito but he didnt because arum couldnt get him 10 mill to fight cotto and 10 for hatton. and arum never wanted floyd to fight oscar. so theres a reason for floyd not fighting and dealing with top rank ever since he left. and anyone who thinks floyd wouldnt have beat margirito easy is delusional fool. all these guys contradict themselves because whats good to say today might be wrong tomm.
    The Judah fight was signed...They had an agreement but nothing was signed. After Judah lost, they went and re-worked the agreement because nothing was signed. Floyd could have fought someone else besides Judah.

Floyd turned down what was a career high payday at the time in Margarito. In that same interview Arum said that he would have granted an extension to the buyout deadline. Which no one ever mentions.

So in reality Floyd could have fought Margarito(best fighter in the division at the time), Baldomir(lineal champion), and Oscar. Or have fought Judah(don't know why), Margarito(best fighter in the division), and Oscar. Or could have fought Judah(don't know why, but in April), Margarito(best fighter in the division in August which was the original date), Baldomir(lineal champion in November), and Oscar.

But, Floyd chose to avoid the hell out of Margarito...However, I guess this now called a smart move, not a duck...But, then I guess every duck should be consider a smart move....Since there is always a reason to duck someone.

Comment

I agree with TS.. but i got caught up with the girl in ur sig.

Comment

So he chose to fight a front-running fraud who choked in every big fight he was in (Judah), a club fighter who was the worst lineal title holder in the history of the Welterweight division (Baldomir), and washed up pantyhose wearing crack-ho (De La Hoya).....OK :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          The Judah fight was signed...They had an agreement but nothing was signed. After Judah lost, they went and re-worked the agreement because nothing was signed. Floyd could have fought someone else besides Judah.

Floyd turned down what was a career high payday at the time in Margarito. In that same interview Arum said that he would have granted an extension to the buyout deadline. Which no one ever mentions.

So in reality Floyd could have fought Margarito(best fighter in the division at the time), Baldomir(lineal champion), and Oscar. Or have fought Judah(don't know why), Margarito(best fighter in the division), and Oscar. Or could have fought Judah(don't know why, but in April), Margarito(best fighter in the division in August which was the original date), Baldomir(lineal champion in November), and Oscar.

But, Floyd chose to avoid the hell out of Margarito...However, I guess this now called a smart move, not a duck...But, then I guess every duck should be consider a smart move....Since there is always a reason to duck someone.
          don't see why he would not fight margarito, *shrugs*. would have been an easy fight imo, but only floyd knows. **** all margarito had to do was win the wbc title. And arums promise of 10 million is bs. arum never gives people what he guarantees them. Who knows what went on behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
            hard to take a video serious when they have stupid carton charters poping up every 20 secs, i sat through what i could.....

what i still dont get is why would Floyd fight Margs when he could make more $ fighting Baldomir and become lineal welter weight champ?
            You've got it all wrong, you gotta understand what people are REALLY saying.
            It's not the fact that they believe/wish nor want Floyd to have fought Margs, it's all mental hindsite.
            In reality they wished Floyd had taken the Margs fight back then (BEFORE GETTING CAUGHT), so Margs would have PLASTERED him.
            It's a sick world we live in aint it, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by OralLepercy View Post
              don't see why he would not fight margarito, *shrugs*. would have been an easy fight imo, but only floyd knows. **** all margarito had to do was win the wbc title.
              "All he had to do"? You make it seem like it was a simple task.

How can you win a title, when the title holder doesn't want to fight you?

From Mayorga(not Ricardo but more so Don King) to Judah(who straight up said, didn't want to fight Margarito).

And, I think Margarito would have been his toughest fight since Castillo. Granted not saying much since Floyd hadn't had a tough fight since Castillo. But, Marg was more of a threat around 06' than who Floyd fought at the time. And, I think Floyd knew that IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                You've got it all wrong, you gotta understand what people are REALLY saying.
                It's not the fact that they believe/wish nor want Floyd to have fought Margs, it's all mental hindsite.
                In reality they wished Floyd had taken the Margs fight back then (BEFORE GETTING CAUGHT), so Margs would have PLASTERED him.
                It's a sick world we live in aint it, lol...
                LMFAO, your probably right. In hindsight if i knew what i know now then i wouldn't be jumping up and down for that fight. margo was fighting mexican cab drivers. dude fought on espn at the time ( didn't he **** that one dude ear up).

Comment

On the first video lampley, merchant, and steward are laughing at Floyd for claiming he's greater then Leonard, hearns, etc...

then, people are leaving the arena when floyd was running around like a chicken fighting baldomir. ahahahahaha

but now floyd topped it off by sucker punching a cherry picked opponent. ahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    "All he had to do"? You make it seem like it was a simple task.

How can you win a title, when the title holder doesn't want to fight you?

From Mayorga(not Ricardo but more so Don King) to Judah(who straight up said, didn't want to fight Margarito).

And, I think Margarito would have been his toughest fight since Castillo. Granted not saying much since Floyd hadn't had a tough fight since Castillo. But, Marg was more of a threat around 06' than who Floyd fought at the time. And, I think Floyd knew that IMO.
                    all margo had was height and Floyds inside game is underrated. **** would have probably looked like the corrales fight. a prime Castillo is a better fighter than margo imo. margo is just a pressure guy he tires you out.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      So he chose to fight a front-running fraud who choked in every big fight he was in (Judah), a club fighter who was the worst lineal title holder in the history of the Welterweight division (Baldomir), and washed up pantyhose wearing crack-ho (De La Hoya).....OK :rolleyes9:

Poet
                      Baldomir wasn't good at all...Not Floyd fault he was the lineal champ. But, yea, he's the worst lineal champ in WW history.

I don't blame Floyd for fighting Oscar. Any rational man would fight Oscar. You have to be a complete idiot or Winky Wright to turn down a fight with Oscar.

But, he should have fought Margarito. For whatever reason he avoided the hell out of that man.

Comment

Working...
                      X