No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez's Adviser: Mayweather-Pacquiao Won't Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    Ia gree. However, if Mayweather-Pacquiao doesn't materialize, I think Floyd pushes for the fight with Sergio. He seems very intent on making the biggest fights possible to finish his career (Pacquiao, Martinez, Khan).

I don't see any major announcement by Floyd, Manny, or Sergio's teams until mid December or so. I think Dibella is probably talking a fight with Macklin in March, while Mayweather and Pacquiao will try to materialize. However, if Manny doesn't agree to the testing without a specific cutoff date, I don't think it will ever happen. Then, Pacquiao announces his fight with Bradley for May, while I think Floyd would try to land Sergio in May.
    Eh...I just can't see it. Even if the Pac fight doesn't happen, I doubt he fights Martinez.

I also doubt that Pac fighting Bradley...The days of Pac fighting a prime elite fighter are over.

If JMM is competitive, I can see a 4th fight, yea I know....If Cotto wins, I can see a Cotto rematch. Just because I find it odd why he asked for 150 catch-weight...To fight a rematch with Pac?

Comment

Right now Sergio can't give away tickets to his fights but yet they think they'll do 2 million PPV buys with Mayweather? These guys should rename themselves to "Pan Handlers Promotions" because they won't stop begging for a big money fight. Sergio wants to avoid all the bigger guys so he can try to get an "easier" and more substantial payday against a smaller guy, it’s just that simple.

I realize Sergio's getting older and they don't have the luxury of time, but in my mind that means they should shut their mouths and start fighting some of the bigger guys, take on a real challenge and maybe your fans will forgive you if you want an easy payday or two.

And this logic that Floyd gets fifty percent or less against Pacquiao is loony toons. First point, Manny Pacquiao has a boss, a boss that gets his cut before Manny sees a dime, and there's no way under the sun he's making as much as Floyd will for the fight, not unless he drops Bob Arum somehow and we all know that isn't happening. Second, Floyd is the better earner of the two; the numbers are clear so it's only natural to go into negotiations pointing this out, not sweeping it under the carpet. Mayweather or anyone should get paid what they’re worth, not what people are willing to give out of the kindness of their hearts. Boxing is a business, and to approach it haphazardly with emotion instead of facts and figures is a prescription to get ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
        If PBF fights Martinez I hope its at 160. Why not go for the gusto!
        As a fan you should want it...I want Pac to do the same thing....You always want your dude to accomplish greatness. But, one should also understand that's a lot to ask for them to do. I don't blame them if they don't go to 160.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          The fact that he already has a date and venue set for his fight proves he isn't fighting Pac......
          How so?????

Comment

Man, I'm really getting tired of Martinez's people sweating Pac's and Floyd's nuts. This interview is close to pathetic how they are conducting themselves. Sergio Martinez was 2010 fighter of the year, had some of the best fights in that same year and now his team are basically making Sergio look like he hadn't accomplished anything to date. They should be trying to make Martinez into a name and big draw but instead their trying to pimp Sergio off to other promoters. I can understand wanting to make the biggest and best fights but this is ridiculous. I remember when Martinez was asked about fighting Pacquiao he said that Manny was too small but now his team has him willing to hurt himself on the scales for a fight? That "Devil" and "Angel" analogy killed it for me. Sergio should have left them clowns when his contract was up if he really wanted to get paid and become a superstar.
            Last edited by GRUSTLER; 11-04-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Martinez' camp is half right. Mayweather's saga of convincing everybody that he is P4P king by beating all boxers other than Pacquiao will continue. Martinez is not a leftover, Bradley, Khan or even Berto. However, Martinez fight is too risky so their camp is also half left. P4P opinion is for boxing promotion and does not mean anything other than fighting nobody better.

As long as Manny-Money does not happen, boxing lives, viewers love.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                As a fan you should want it...I want Pac to do the same thing....You always want your dude to accomplish greatness. But, one should also understand that's a lot to ask for them to do. I don't blame them if they don't go to 160.
                I wouldn't blame them either but I would blame them if they asked Martinez cut way too much weight that would effect his performance. I know 160 is a lot to ask of those dudes. But Martinez is not a brawling and mauling type of fighter so I think it can be done. Win or lose make the fight at 160 and see what you got!.

Comment

they all have big egos

Comment

The - a different split - is part of the reason why Bob Arum doesn't want the fight. When he keeps fights within Top Rank (as he's made Mosley and Marquez do before their fights), he's getting over 27% of 100% of the total revenue (for fights averaging over 1M PPV buys). Against Mayweather, he'd get 27% of Pacquiao's 100%, which would be 50% of the total revenue and increases the risk of his investment.

If the highest potential revenue is dictating my decisions, I'd rather make close to or over 27% of $25-40M on a consistent basis than make 27% of $40-60M and risk hurting my investment more than ever before.

After that, he skews the information of Pacquiao's options to favor what he wants and gets Koncz on board. Arum's bottom line and Koncz' self-interest is dictating Pacquiao's decisions in the boxing arena.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      How so?????
                      i guess some people think that beacuse floyd didn't talk with team pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X