Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Nazim Richardson is a phony

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did a great job exposing Tito in the whole Triniwrap scandel.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Naz is boxing, nothing phony about him. He does tons with the youth boxing in Philly. Sure he's biased for his fighters but what trainer isn't.
      This^^^^^^^. He's well respected and sought out within boxing circles. I guess he needs to go the extra mile to impress the real pros here on boxingscene

Comment

There's now a thread hating on poor Nazim Richardson? lmao The guy seems like one of the friendliest and nicest people in boxing, why would anybody have a problem with him? The fuck is wrong with you cretins?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          I don't think the pool noodle and towel technique from when he trained Mosley for Mayweather was all that apt...
          I saw Ricky Hatton using a pool noodle to train one of his fighters recently.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            He did a great job exposing Tito in the whole Triniwrap scandel.
            Don't forget about Margacheato as well.

Comment

not really a fan of the preacher-trainer

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                It's an overall feeling that I have about his character and the examples that I listed just make me feel that way about him. As far as Fury, Fury just beat down the smaller man faire and square. Also Richardson wasn't happy about the smack that Dawson and Fury administered on both his fighters but he has no problems when Bhop does this to his opponents. He just seems like a natural born whiner and talker. He talked so much to big himslef up and Cunnigham talking about skills and what not. Tyson cut the corner on Steve and tore him up. Then he talks to Wilder about a loaded gun and all this nonesense, it seems like he talks too much about anything just to big hismelf up. Then John Scully said that he knew him and he had chilled with his kids. Nazim says that he doesn't know the man. He seems fishy man.
                Oh. You just have a feeling.

Anyway, his talk is made more dramatic by the analogies he uses but the message is still very much there. "Swim without getting wet" is common slang. The analogy he used about the gun is common sense.

There is always a line to smack talk. Some people go so far that they have to excuse some of their talk after the fight. We know BHop doesn't mean his talk and hasn't really been as extreme since the flag incident but, yes, I suppose you can't give BHop a pass.

From watching him talk and hearing his insight, he knows a lot about the game and how he talks is something that sticks with people. Everyone with talent in a boxing gym is going to hear tons of advice but Richardson speaks so uniquely that it definitely stands out.

As far as the Fury fight, Fury's trainer had the better gun but wasn't necessarily the better operator. There is no way Fury should have had to pick himself up off the mat against a light hitter like Cunningham. No way.

So, Richardson is doing SOMETHING. I'm sure he told Mosley to go to the body in that Margarito fight, too, while we're trying to find ways to take credit away from him. And his work in the corner during the fight is obvious due to how wild his instructions sound despite being very solid advice.

Comment

this guy is a elitist prick and it's mainly stems from his phony backwards religion. the way he complained that fury was mauling and using his size against his fighter was hilarious. what's fury supposed to do fight like a small man? then when he and fury had that argument, one of his cronnies had the never to say "WATCH YOUR FINGER!!!!" like he was going to hurt Fury. relgiion of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    The way he talks, the whining, his long winded stories and analogies.
                    The way he talked about Dawson after Dawson was beat down by Ward - there was some sincere malice there...I think he was still spitefull that Dawson punked Bernard before the fights, during and after.

Then his talk about Fury and trying to lecture him and what not. His talk of never meeting John Scully.

In general he talks a lot like he knows a lot, like he's been through a lot and like he's super wise, tough and God-fearing but something doesn't click. I think at times he's trying too hard and people are getting caught with his one liners like "swim without getting wet". He's a good talker and maybe I don't know much about him, maybe he's a good trainer too, like I said maybe I am missing something on him but my intuition is that he's a poser and his character isn't what he says it is or what he tries to present it as. I think he's slipped a few times.
                    He's sub standard trainer he just got hype up because of the hand wrap scandal and the media tried to build him like he's some boxing genius

Comment

Broher Naz is the truth he is brutally honest and rarely gets a prediction wrong plus he has the same name of my fave rapper!

Comment

Working...
                      X