Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
    haters already making excuses for a floyd win and the fight isnt even official yet smhhhh
    seems like there bigging up canelo more than making excuses for floyd. this fight is what it is an ok win for floyd.

Comment

• Its a very good win actually.

Canelo is a natural big 154lb fighter, with very good hand speed, accuracy, very good power, combination punching, stamina, calmness and poise... Hes also shown good body work and intelligence at breaking down his opponent.

Floyd will be over 36 at a weight class unnatural to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Its a very good win actually.

Canelo is a natural big 154lb fighter, with very good hand speed, accuracy, very good power, combination punching, stamina, calmness and poise... Hes also shown good body work and intelligence at breaking down his opponent.

Floyd will be over 36 at a weight class unnatural to him.
        Against C class opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by -KING- View Post
          i see whats going on here the *****s are trying to big up canelo to make this win seem like a great win sorry im not taking the bait this will be a one sided fight from floyd and is a good win for him but nothing great.
          I wouldn't say just Floyd fans. There were people on the other side of the fence saying if he didn't fight either Canelo or Martinez and opted to fight Guerrero or Bradley he would be taking the easy route at WW.

That said I don't see what would be so special if Mayweather beat Canelo at all. He hasn't proven anything on paper. He has impressive acumen for his age, but against C class opposition. The hope is that Canelo would go on to do something in his career.

Well as much as people talk about Floyd and "What if" scenarios excuse me if I want to see Canelo against some formidable opposition before I formulate an opinion. Canelo fighting anyone with a pulse at 154 seems to be merely a "What if" scenario at this point.

Comment

Against C class opposition.
            It doesnt matter.... Anybody with eyes and a bit of boxing knowledge can see hes a good fighter, and all the qualities I listed are true. His hands wont suddenly get slower with a better opponent.

His opponents to date can absolutely be questioned, but he IS a good fighter and naturally bigger and stronger than Floyd.

Comment

• My only issue is that Canelo doesn't jab....

Less than stellar head movement and not known for cutting off the ring well. But the nonexistent jab is the worst one. That's literally all that Cotto was able to land. I think Canelo's superior to Cotto but still... We'll see what happens.

Comment

• jeff lacy ko 2 calzaghe

Comment

i see whats going on here the *****s are trying to big up canelo to make this win seem like a great win sorry im not taking the bait this will be a one sided fight from floyd and is a good win for him but nothing great.
                  there are people who aren't floyd fans and they are bigging up canelo.

if floyd were to announced he was fighting guerrero, watch how many people say he would be ducking canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    My only issue is that Canelo doesn't jab....

Less than stellar head movement and not known for cutting off the ring well. But the nonexistent jab is the worst one. That's literally all that Cotto was able to land. I think Canelo's superior to Cotto but still... We'll see what happens.
                    i dont see anything in his game to say hes superior to cotto. The problem with miguel is that he is a worn down fighter. Cotto is more intellgent than canelo is. Miguel was able to win a couple of rounds off floyd because he put intelligent pressure on him. Canelo is gonna rush right in and get pot shoted to death.

Comment

• Since when does Canelo "rush in".... hes actually one of the more patient fighters in boxing which is impressive because of his age.

Who is better than Canelo right now?

Maybe Martinez?

Comment

Working...
                      X