Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom.
    Red K given.

Fury is not garbage.
    Fury is garbage, you can Red K me again, I consider it an honor if YOU disagree with me.

The fact that he is seriously considered a Top HW to replace or take over after the Klitschko's just goes to show you how limited this HW era has been aside from the Klitschko's.

I use to say Solis could take it over, but he visited Popeyes far too often once he got to the USA, and is now like 260 lbs or some s**t.

Price is far better than Fury, hope they fight eventually.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 08-15-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      wilder still needs to gain like 40 pounds.Its been 4 years now hes been
      pro,Still the same damn weight tho.
      does anyone why that is?

he normally comes in at around 215-220. but i would have expected that after 3-4 years he would be 225-230 lbs's (considering a good conditioning regime and the fact that his body still had to mature).

having said in his last fight he as nearly 230lbs which is a massive sudden hike in weight. anyone know why?

Comment

Stating Fury is "garbage" is ridiculous. The guy has fought, and beaten, decent opposition for a fighter who's just coming through the ranks. Fury also is improving in every subsequent outing in terms of boxing skill, movement, generalship, etc. And he has size, power, decent skill and experience.

Comment

By the standards of Top 10 HW's today, aside from the Klitschko's, Fury isn't garbage. He's a solid Top 10 HW today.

By the standards of a fighter and skill level, Fury is garbage. No one can seriously tell me that Tyson Fury in the era's with Ali, Liston, Foreman, Frazier, Lyle, Shavers, Holmes, Tyson, Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield......that Tyson Fury would be considered a serious candidate to take over after the top fighters are out, or a serious opponent for one of the top fighters.

If Fury goes out and beats guys like Price, Haye, Pulev, and than beats Wlad or something, I will eat my words. But it's not happening.

Comment

Fury is younger than Wilder and never had a lot of amateur experience. Yet he was willing to take on a tough, undefeated opponent in Chisora, and decent, undefeated opponents like Pajkic. He's no coward.

Wilder has been fighting nothing but faded old men on losing streaks, fatties like Nichols, and little guys. That's cowardly.
            Cause Chisora is huge right?

Comment

Fury is younger than Wilder and never had a lot of amateur experience. Yet he was willing to take on a tough, undefeated opponent in Chisora, and decent, undefeated opponents like Pajkic. He's no coward.

Wilder has been fighting nothing but faded old men on losing streaks, fatties like Nichols, and little guys. That's cowardly.
              Agreed, but i'm no fan of Fury

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                does anyone why that is?

he normally comes in at around 215-220. but i would have expected that after 3-4 years he would be 225-230 lbs's (considering a good conditioning regime and the fact that his body still had to mature).

having said in his last fight he as nearly 230lbs which is a massive sudden hike in weight. anyone know why?
                He looked way bigger and more filled out in his last fight, I can not tell you why, but he did actually start looking like a real fighter. I don't think he needs much more weight though but 10 more pounds of muscle probably wouldn't hurt.

As for the matter at hand, I don't think Tyson Fury has the capabilities to exploit Wilder and is likely to get hurt trying to exploit his thought to be known flaws (which are really just unknowns). If Fury can get inside on Wilder he could do work, but that is way easier said than done against a very tall rangy guy who appears to hit really hard~ Fury game is not tight enough to really think he wouldn't get caught coming or going.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Cause Chisora is huge right?
                  Chisora is thickly built and a natural heavyweight. He outweighed Fury in that fight.

Wilder has been fighting old former middleweight and super-middleweight journeymen on losing streaks.

Examples:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8424&cat=boxer

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9418&cat=boxer

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4384&cat=boxer

Comment

neither will make the fight happen

Comment

Deontay Wilder would crush him like he did Dustin Nichols

Comment

Working...
                      X