Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Football or Basketball: If You Could Only Pick One...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing about Hockey is that it's only exciting when you're there live at a game...

boring to watch on tv

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
      And as someone said, NHL is by far the best spectator sport. Guys on skates, hard hits, fights, spectacular skills....I wonder why its not popular in the US.......but hey neither is soccer....USA is really in some next universe when it comes to sports....All the sports that the rest of the planet embraces Americans dont like.
      It's because it's a "cold weather sport". In the US adults watch the sports that they grew up playing. Only in the states bordering Canada does it get cold enough in the winter were you actually see kids playing. In Canada, of course, damn near every kid grows up playing hockey.

Poet

Comment

nfl.

but i have to admit last season did nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
          Which would it be and why?

Imagine you had no choice but to pick one of these sports.
          Basketball. Faster pace and generally more exciting for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
            Neither, but if I had to pick one it would be basketball because its actually a sport I play.

1) NBA is beyond soft these days, not is it only rigged it really does not come across as a man's sport. And people dare laugh at soccer players that actually get KICKED in the knee and get cleats in their back. Its diva galooore in NBA, its really become frustrating to watch...and if the guy actually fouled is a rookie the refs show no respect...Used to watch NBA for years, this year I didn't even bother since they EUROs were on. The dunk off has become a joke. And actually going to games its very gay....all this nonsense entertainment every break....I know its for the audience but sometimes you have to wonder WTF it is that you came to see......a sports competition or some bull**** games....

And the fans.....You cant even yell at the opposing teams bench or you'll get kicked out or looked on funny.....buncha moms and pops all polite and everything......this is a sport, you should yell and scream......I dont need the guy on the PA system telling me "hey hey clap your hands, GO TEAM GO".....At least in NFL the fans create an atmosphere that comes through any medium......NBA its like a bunch of pansies came to be entertained.

2) NFL.....nothing wrong with the game itself really......all the things mentioned so far....far too many breaks in the game, too many commercials....too many time outs etc...

And as someone said, NHL is by far the best spectator sport. Guys on skates, hard hits, fights, spectacular skills....I wonder why its not popular in the US.......but hey neither is soccer....USA is really in some next universe when it comes to sports....All the sports that the rest of the planet embraces Americans dont like.

I forgot about the dunk contest, that shyt is a joke take the Blake Griffin dunk for example. The guy jumped over the hood of a car and wins LOL, only because KIA was an NBA sponsor, I've seen guys dunk over the roof of a car in street contests!

Plus the players are divas as you said, I'm tired of seeing these immature disrespectful players crying like babies, it's getting worse as the years go by. There are just a handful of actual head coaches are shown respect by their players. Plus guys are just teaming up with each other, MIAs big 3, Dwight, Celtics, Lakers etc.

Comment

there is no free play in NFL every play is scripted no build up or creativity from most players they just get plays in from sidelines and stick to the script, rules are to subjective so in theory everyplay can be stopped for a penalty and there is probably a total of 10 minutes of actual play time in an NFL games rest is guys in a huddle or line of scrimmage.

Basketball all day everyday I don't like how big the NFL is now in states I wish basketball or baseball was the #1 sport in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by G A M E View Post

OR

Cricket for me. Never watched a polo game, can't get into it.

When it comes to the cricket, I prefer the recent T20 tournaments.

Comment

Basketball has done well while I slept

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                    Isn't India the top dogs right now?
                    http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings...ge/211271.html

Comment

The NBA is blatantly rigged so the NFL

Comment

Working...
                      X