Collapse
No announcement yet.

They've turned on Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only logical explanation of the fight not happening is because Floyd is scared to lose his well-protected undefeated record.

Sorry but that's all I can say about Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
      How many months more are you need about this gag order?
      The gag order should have been honored until both sides were able to say they had a signed agreement and that we have a fight for November 13. Yet we don't have a signed contract and we're only hearing from one side.

Never mind what other conclusions people draw from Arum running his mouth. Actions speak louder than words, and Arum's actions show he doesn't want Pac/May to happen at this point.

Pac's promoter Arum said they waiting for Floyd to sign the contract. So it means this contract already been agreed by Floyd's promoter
      Arum doesn't speak for Floyd's promoter. We'll hear their side soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
        The gag order should have been honored until both sides were able to say they had a signed agreement and that we have a fight for November 13. Yet we don't have a signed contract and we're only hearing from one side.

Never mind what other conclusions people draw from Arum running his mouth. Actions speak louder than words, and Arum's actions show he doesn't want Pac/May to happen at this point.

Arum doesn't speak for Floyd's promoter. We'll hear their side soon enough.

Yes actions do speak louder than words and it is Floyds past actions and contradictions and now silence that give credence to Arum. It is no secret Floyd has been viewed as a ducking coward in the past and has constantly issued excuses that are very contradictory. How many times can Floyd cry wolf without being exposed for what he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post

Forwarding the final offer that was agreed upon by both parties representatives isn't in violation of anything as the negotiations are done.

Now you, and everyone screaming about "the negotiations",

need to learn what negotiations actually are.

I made two threads about it already, but some dick head keeps deleting them.
          Negotiating is an attempt by two parties to come to an agreement. One of the agreements to the second round of negotiations for this fight was to keep all info from the public. If Arum can't honor that, what does that tell you about his efforts to make this fight happen? And as far as Mayweather's side agreeing to all contract terms, we're getting that info from Arum, so it's hardly credible.

It would be a whole other thing if we didn't hear anything about the negotiations, then come Friday Arum said "Alright, we tried, but couldn't make it happen. We're moving on." But that's not the case. Arum is obviously trying to use the media to make it seem as though Team Mayweather is killing this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
            random with a cut off date.... what does that mean???

congrats you are now on my sig for dumb comments
            i really do love you guys because you make me laugh. by all means, keep that right in your sig. do not delete it.

random with a cut off = not random. unless they fight 14 days early that is.

was shane notified that he would have a 18 day cut off? ehermm-----nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
              Yes actions do speak louder than words and it is Floyds past actions and contradictions and now silence that give credence to Arum. It is no secret Floyd has been viewed as a ducking coward in the past and has constantly issued excuses that are very contradictory. How many times can Floyd cry wolf without being exposed for what he really is.
              I'm not going by either fighter's past actions or PED's or superstition about needles or any of that other stuff. I want to see this fight happen.

All I see, at this point, is that both sides said, "alright, we need a gag order. We have two big ego's here and we can't negotiate this fight through the media." And Bob is the only one talking to the media now. If anyone is killing this fight it's Arum.

Comment

Negotiating is an attempt by two parties to come to an agreement. One of the agreements to the second round of negotiations for this fight was to keep all info from the public. If Arum can't honor that, what does that tell you about his efforts to make this fight happen? And as far as Mayweather's side agreeing to all contract terms, we're getting that info from Arum, so it's hardly credible.

It would be a whole other thing if we didn't hear anything about the negotiations, then come Friday Arum said "Alright, we tried, but couldn't make it happen. We're moving on." But that's not the case. Arum is obviously trying to use the media to make it seem as though Team Mayweather is killing this fight.
                If Arum did not use the Media then nothing will ever get done. At least there is some pressure on Floyd one way or the other. Floyd does not want to negotiate it seems. Floyd is being quiet for a reason and regardless if Bob dragged this out to the public I suspect he would still be quiet. Bob gotta do what he gotta do to salvage a fight that Floyd seems really unwilling. At least now he knows that he is looking foolish and that the public is turning on him to add some pressure for this fight getting done.
                Last edited by Alibata; 07-15-2010, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                  If Arum did not use the Media then nothing will ever get done. At least there is some pressure on Floyd one way or the other. Floyd does not want to negotiate it seems. Floyd is being quiet for a reason and regardless if Bob dragged this out to the public I suspect he would still be quiet. Bob gotta do what he gotta do to salvage a fight that Floyd seems really unwilling. At least now he knows that he is looking foolish and that the public is turning on him to add some pressure for this fight getting done.
                  There are two sides to this thing and right now we're only getting one. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

There are two sides to this thing and right now we're only getting one. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
                    Fair enough but I want nothing more than for Floyd to prove me wrong... A fighter as talented as he is should be the gamest dude in the sport.

Comment

The agreement between the representatives was reached.

At this stage, there are no more negotiations. Its either sign, or no fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X