No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Epifanio Mendoza Stops Carlos Negron in a Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Epifanio Mendoza Stops Carlos Negron in a Shocker

Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico - Upset minded Epifanio Mendoza (33-12, 28 KOs), who once fought at junior middleweight, knocked out previously undefeated heavyweight prospect Carlos Negron (13-1, 9 KOs). Mendoza badly hurt Negron at the end of the second round, but the Puerto Rican boxer was saved by the bell. In the third, Mendoza dropped him twice to finish him off at 2:03 into the round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Never was impressed with Negron to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico - Upset minded Epifanio Mendoza (33-12, 28 KOs), who once fought at junior middleweight, knocked out previously undefeated heavyweight prospect Carlos Negron (13-1, 9 KOs). Mendoza badly hurt Negron at the end of the second round, but the Puerto Rican boxer was saved by the bell. In the third, Mendoza dropped him twice to finish him off at 2:03 into the round.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Now there's a guy who threw away an opportunity to be a champion. I saw him at 154, when he fought Tokunbo Olajide, whom I liked, and Olajide twisted his ankle in the second and the fight was stopped. He was huge compared to O but I was very impressed with his speed, and variety of power punches. I was sure he was goig to be a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        Never was impressed with Negron to begin with.
        guess not...............

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          Now there's a guy who threw away an opportunity to be a champion. I saw him at 154, when he fought Tokunbo Olajide, whom I liked, and Olajide twisted his ankle in the second and the fight was stopped. He was huge compared to O but I was very impressed with his speed, and variety of power punches. I was sure he was goig to be a champ.
          I seen that fight, but I didn't remember that it was Mendoza who had fought Tokunbo Olajide..

Comment

"SHOCKER"?? hmmm... Not at all. Not to any KNOWLEDGEABLE fight fan that hasn't bought into this over hyped fraud. I won an easy lobster meal for two bet in this one. I knew that even an overweight Epifanio Mendoza's 'pop' would be too much for him. I once worked in Epifanio's corner in Florida about 7 years ago and knew what he was capable of against this SEVERELY over hyped kid (ala Mike Marrone and Tye Fields, only worse). I hope Negron gets out of the game now. He has NO future in this business.

Comment

By the way... I have a copy of Mendoza's fight vs then undefeated prospect Ruben Williams. He ruined Ruben the same way he did Negron.

Comment

Where can we watch replay or was this not a tv broadcast anywheres?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

I remember watching that on FNF's.

Mendoza was like 15-0 with 15ko's.

Comment

In My opinion Negrón never looked impressive or much like future world championship material to Me..The last time I saw him fight, he got rocked by some other unknown tomato can & tonight he got KO'd by a blown up way past his prime middleweight journey man! Negrón NEVER recovered by that shot at the end of the previous round that left him wobbling all over the place & should have been called a knock down cause his glove touched the canvas & besides that S H I T T Y ref not calling that KD, he was also sort of hesitant on stopping the fight..He could have stopped it a lot sooner..

Comment

Working...
                    X