Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez "Mayweather Is The Best.. I'd Fight Pacquiao At A Catchweight"(Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    since sergio brought up margo, how come toney fought pac at 150 and you wont sergio?.........you want the smaller fighter , you know what it takes to get it...
    It would have been around 8 years since Martinez fought at 150, whereas Margarito weighed in at under 146 just two fights before he fought Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
      It would have been around 8 years since Martinez fought at 150, whereas Margarito weighed in at under 146 just two fights before he fought Pacquiao.
      he mentioned margo though as a basis to justify his wanting of a pac fight .....when has pac ever made 154?.....he said pac is too samll for him , and now he wants pac...so its him that needs to make the adjustment not pac.....

Comment

he mentioned margo though as a basis to justify his wanting of a pac fight .....when has pac ever made 154?.....he said pac is too samll for him , and now he wants pac...so its him that needs to make the adjustment not pac.....
        He did mention Marg so I can see how some could interpret that way but at 150 I think Martinez would be too weight-drained and gets KO'd pretty easily by Pacquiao. He would lose too much endurance, punch resistance, punching power and possibly speed at 150. I think a 153 catchweight for the light middleweight title is more reasonable. Martinez last fought around that weight in 2009 when he got a draw against Cintron..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
          He did mention Marg so I can see how some could interpret that way but at 150 I think Martinez would be too weight-drained and gets KO'd pretty easily by Pacquiao. He would lose too much endurance, punch resistance, punching power and possibly speed at 150. I think a 153 catchweight for the light middleweight title is more reasonable. Martinez last fought around that weight in 2009 when he got a draw against Cintron..
          ..i dont believ he would be weightdrained at all tbh, .......at 150, i see sergio having aorund 15 lbs over pac at fight night.....and at 154 , i expect around 20 plus lbs...wherter at 150 or 154, it really would'nt favor pac imo ..

Comment

..i dont believ he would be weightdrained at all tbh, .......at 150, i see sergio having aorund 15 lbs over pac at fight night.....and at 154 , i expect around 20 plus lbs...wherter at 150 or 154, it really would'nt favor pac imo ..
            Having to make 150 for the first time in 8 years I think could weaken Martinez quite considerably. After weigh-in the body might not be able to rehydrate and replenish nutrients as effectively as before so Martinez might only gain a few pounds before the fight. It's not guaranteed that would happen, there is a chance Martinez would adjust ok, but I think it's unlikely because of how long it's been since he fought at the weight. I guess he hasn't fought that low for so long because it became too stressful on the body to make the weight.

Comment

Working...
            X