Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Fighters Want to Be "Money" but want to skip the trials of "Pretty Boy"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I cringed when I heard that too. He's the A-side because of his Toys R Us WBA belt

Comment

And history will not remember ANY of them , whats the problem? do you think you can have a Floyd or a PAC in every division all the time ? there is a reason why they are ATG`s because they are RARE , the guys you mention are stars in this current time but will be forgoten the day they lose badly or retire , just relax mate , there is nothing written anywhere that every boxer should try and be the next Ali , in this world ppl know their limits and try to do the best with what they have , Jacobs knows for example he cant beat GGG , you wanting him to prove to everyone he is the best is not applicable as HE already knows he isnt the best .....

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
        And history will not remember ANY of them , whats the problem? do you think you can have a Floyd or a PAC in every division all the time ? there is a reason why they are ATG`s because they are RARE , the guys you mention are stars in this current time but will be forgoten the day they lose badly or retire , just relax mate , there is nothing written anywhere that every boxer should try and be the next Ali , in this world ppl know their limits and try to do the best with what they have , Jacobs knows for example he cant beat GGG , you wanting him to prove to everyone he is the best is not applicable as HE already knows he isnt the best .....
        If they don't have it they don't have it. I just want to see a desire to be the best. I respect a Fernando Vargas that guns for the top and comes up short moreso than a Peter Quillin who doesn't even try.

And you can't play the money card on this one because Vargas headlined multiple ppvs.

Comment

Even if you haven't accomplished ****, if you are a big name in the world of boxing and have a strong following you can still be the a-side i.e. JCC Jr.

My problem is some of these guys have neither, they have not paid their dues and are not household names.

Comment

Wilder is a big joke. I cringed when I read his comments regarding Klitschko. Like his day in the sunshine surpasses Wlad's longevity.

Comment

Floyd's record is an illusion. He only fought Pac after he'd been devastatingly KOd by Marquez (avoided him before that KO happened), fought a catchweight-drained Canelo, 1.5 year inactive washed up Mosley, Khan's son - Maidana, quitter Ortiz, limited Guerrero, past prime Cotto.

It could be argued that Floyd hasn't actually fought a legit undefeated opponent, on the top of their game, for 10 years since Corrales. Can't count Canelo because he was weight-drained and visibly sluggish as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                The problem is that's it's affecting the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  Even if you haven't accomplished ****, if you are a big name in the world of boxing and have a strong following you can still be the a-side i.e. JCC Jr.

My problem is some of these guys have neither, they have not paid their dues and are not household names.
                  Yeah you have a Chavez type every so often. But at his peak in popularity he was taking tough fights: Andy Lee, Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Floyd's record is an illusion. He only fought Pac after he'd been devastatingly KOd by Marquez (avoided him before that KO happened), fought a catchweight-drained Canelo, 1.5 year inactive washed up Mosley, Khan's son - Maidana, quitter Ortiz, limited Guerrero, past prime Cotto.

It could be argued that Floyd hasn't actually fought a legit undefeated opponent, on the top of their game, for 10 years since Corrales. Can't count Canelo because he was weight-drained and visibly sluggish as a result.
                    Jesus man. Can't you take Floyd's dick out of your mouth for one day.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

Focus on the overall point, regardless of your opinion lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X