Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton getting KOd by Mayweather or Pacquiao - Whats your favorite KO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Floyd groupies aside, Pac's KO of Hatton was a shocker and impactful. He put him to sleep soon as it touched. Though I appreciate and admire a systematic breakdown that leads to a KO, Pac's KO made me spill my beer on a chick wearing a white shirt.
    A magnificent KO in it's own right, and so early in the fight. The way Pacquiao loaded up on that shot and timed it so well as Hatton was throwing that lunging jab once again. One hell of a KO, Hatton crumpled to the canvas, flat on his back, motionless. And images shown of his girlfriend breaking down in tears just topped off the visual impact of that KO beautifully.

"same move every time".. yet even with that inside information from the 24/7 footage, Hatton seemed to totally neglect any preparation for that counter punch that he knew was coming well before the fight. They had so much crucial info about Pacquiao's game plan but they just didn't connect the dots!

Comment

I have to go with both...One was skill the other was brutal...

Comment

Both, I can't pick. They both epitomize the fighter. On one hand you have the shaky chinned fighter getting ran straight through by the typhoon/Pac man and being (not surprisingly) stopped immediately with Pac's left. On the other hand, you have widely considered one of the smartest/talented fighters of this era who through his skill, hit a guy and made him go literally head first into the corner then bounced straight back in one of the funniest/sublime knockdowns of a high caliber opponent maybe ever.

They were both shocking, but I wasnt AS surprised to see Pac knock Hatton out...maybe partly because Floyd had already done so, I don't know. If the tables were turned I'd probably go with Pac's ...but hard to tell. I mean I've been watching boxing most of my life so I've seen plenty of one punch knockouts. There's not many like Floyd's though.

I guess it's like a fine glass of wine vs a shot of tequila. Can't go wrong with either

Comment

I prefer Pac's. Floyd's was more skilful, Pac's pure power and speed.

Comment

FLoyds KO was technically brilliant as he set a trap but its gotta be Pacs for the sheer brutality of it

Comment

Of course the Pac KO looked better, but the Mayweather KO had more meaning to it, to me. The way the whole crowd booed our national anthem and booed Mayweather all night and overreacted to Hattons every move. It was a very refreshing knockout.

Comment

Pac's KO was BRUTAL! Hatton was out before he even hit the ground.

Comment

Pac's.

Landing a check hook on a defensively poor brawler like Ricky Hatton isn't hugely impressive especially as he had landed the same punch multiple times in the fight already.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                    floyd's check hook actually took skill timing and movement

hatton was already a stylistic nightmare for pac who beats down on brawlers. pac needs a specific type of dance partner to look decent, floyd does not.

floyd KO > pacs KO
                    also could have been nothing but luck!

Comment

I voted for the Pacquiao KO. Hatton told his loyal fans to bet their house on him to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X