Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which middleweights would you pick to beat 1951 Robinson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and for the record I've ignored this "Ray Corso" person. I think any fair minded poster in this section will see that made a legitimate point and he chose to insult me over it then got butt hurt when I fired back. In any case he subsequently sent me an insulting PM and I told him he can consider himself ignored.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Oh, and for the record I've ignored this "Ray Corso" person. I think any fair minded poster in this section will see that made a legitimate point and he chose to insult me over it then got butt hurt when I fired back. In any case he subsequently sent me an insulting PM and I told him he can consider himself ignored.

Poet
      Ray Corso claims to have been around boxing his entire life and trained pro boxers. I'm not saying he has or hasn't. But his posts are often times deluded, even his boxing knowledge in ring is kind of funny sometimes.

Comment

This thread is twisted from the beginning. 123+ fight Robinson is the best Middleweight Robinson now? Robinson was dominating Middleweights long before that. Just because they finally gave him a title shot in '51 doesn't mean he wasn't ready to win it in the mid 40s.

After the man became Middleweight Champion he began to decline even more due to his extravagant lifestyle. The man was no longer a hungry motivated fighter. He pretty much just went through the motions. The fact that he still whooped everyone's ass just goes to show how great he really was.

So yea, quite a few great Middleweights could have beat Robinson in '51 if the likes of Randy Turpin could.

People get too hung up on weight. Doesn't matter that Robinson had no problems making Welterweight in the mid 40s, he still would have beat the faded Middleweight version of himself in the 50s.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
          This thread is twisted from the beginning. 123+ fight Robinson is the best Middleweight Robinson now? Robinson was dominating Middleweights long before that. Just because they finally gave him a title shot in '51 doesn't mean he wasn't ready to win it in the mid 40s.

After the man became Middleweight Champion he began to decline even more due to his extravagant lifestyle. The man was no longer a hungry motivated fighter. He pretty much just went through the motions. The fact that he still whooped everyone's ass just goes to show how great he really was.

So yea, quite a few great Middleweights could have beat Robinson in '51 if the likes of Randy Turpin could.

People get too hung up on weight. Doesn't matter that Robinson had no problems making Welterweight in the mid 40s, he still would have beat the faded Middleweight version of himself in the 50s.
          So mid forties is the best middleweight version of Robinson? what great middleweights could have beaten that Robinson?

Comment

Monzon,he was a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by Argentine View Post
              Monzon,he was a beast!
              Didn't see that one coming.

Comment

Working...
              X